This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

CarolinaKip Community Regular

We had rice macaroni and tomatoes.

This reminds me of my childhood, my Mother would make this a lot!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

This reminds me of my childhood, my Mother would make this a lot!

My mom did too! I never really liked it much as a kid but I had a craving and just happened to have the rice macaroni and canned tomatoes. :)

sa1937 Community Regular

All leftovers...chicken, green beans and yellow squash. Blueberries later. Now this is my idea of fast food. :lol:

Marilyn R Community Regular

Grilled mahi-mahi marinated in fresh lemon juice, garlic and ground pepper with a little olive oil, salad, and a perfectly ripe, fresh mango. Dinner was ab fab tonight. :D

Lisa Mentor

Marinated/Grilled Flank Steak, fresh-local corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and gluten tortellini's for the boarders....everyone was happy.

Poppi Enthusiast

Split pea soup with mennonite sausage, cheese and glutino "ritz" on the side.

GFreeMO Proficient

Last night I made cheeseburgers on my little George Foreman grill, corn on the cob and a baked potato. Tonight, I have no flippin idea! I'm sooooooo tired of cooking! :angry:

Anyone have any good crock pot recipes? That would be so much easier for the summer.

Edited by GFreeMO

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Poppi Enthusiast

Last night I made cheeseburgers on my little George Foreman grill, corn on the cob and a baked potato. Tonight, I have no flippin idea! I'm sooooooo tired of cooking! :angry:

Anyone have any good crock pot recipes? That would be so much easier for the summer.

A Year of Slow Cooking

All gluten free!

Chicken Spring rolls. maybe some Avocado soup if I can get myself to the store. It's another sweltering hot day here in the South!

love2travel Mentor

Brandied Apple Cider and Thyme Braised Chicken

Grilled Potatoes with Bay Leaves

Corn on the Cob with Garlic Chive Lemon Butter

Watermelon Granita

Jestgar Rising Star

steak and potatoes. and blueberries. and wine

alex11602 Collaborator

We tried pad thai last night.

Chicken Spring rolls. maybe some Avocado soup if I can get myself to the store. It's another sweltering hot day here in the South!

How do you make your avocado soup? I can't seem to get enough of them lately and this sounds yum! I cannot seem to find any rice paper for spring rolls in my area : (

How do you make your avocado soup? I can't seem to get enough of them lately and this sounds yum! I cannot seem to find any rice paper for spring rolls in my area : (

I actually have never made it. I have had some at my SIL's house and liked it though. Here's the recipe I was going to try: http://reciperenovator.com/special-diets/vegan/healthy-recipes-gluten-free-cucumber-avocado-soup/

I ended up just making the spring rolls and they were plenty to eat. Do you have an Asian or international food store? That's where I find my rice paper wrappers. They have a ton of different sizes and shapes. Some are just made of rice, some are rice and tapioca flour. The ones with tapioca flour tend to be less fragile I have noticed. I can't taste the difference at all.

I actually have never made it. I have had some at my SIL's house and liked it though. Here's the recipe I was going to try: http://reciperenovator.com/special-diets/vegan/healthy-recipes-gluten-free-cucumber-avocado-soup/

I ended up just making the spring rolls and they were plenty to eat. Do you have an Asian or international food store? That's where I find my rice paper wrappers. They have a ton of different sizes and shapes. Some are just made of rice, some are rice and tapioca flour. The ones with tapioca flour tend to be less fragile I have noticed. I can't taste the difference at all.

Thank you!! I don't have an asian store near, but will search for one!

love2travel Mentor

Juniper Brined Pork Loin with Guava Ancho Glaze

Wild Mushroom and Fresh Herb Risotto

Steamed Green Beans

It is chilly here today so am going to do some baking. Not sure what yet...

sb2178 Enthusiast

Spinach (nuked), with chopped marinated artichoke hearts

Wild rice, brown rice, and lentil pilaf

Sunbutter Bars with chocolate chips (boy, do I wish I had measured when I made these. darn it.)

Blueberries

Lavender Mint Lemonade

Poppi Enthusiast

Bacon.

I honestly haven't though further than that for tonight and it's 5:00 now.

cahill Collaborator

Bacon.

I honestly haven't though further than that for tonight and it's 5:00 now.

bacon is an EXCELLENT meal in its self :P:lol:

tonight I am making fried chicken and sweet potato fries

love2travel Mentor

bacon is an EXCELLENT meal in its self :P:lol:

tonight I am making fried chicken and sweet potato fries

Since there are some bacon fans here, has anyone tried brushing bacon with something sweet such as maple syrup and roasting in the oven? Lovely - sort of like bacon candy. Also good sprinkled with black pepper and pomegranate molasses.

Marilyn R Community Regular

Last night we had the best pork ribs ever. I stopped by a Latin produce store and they had smoked, dried poblano peppers. I picked up four for 50 cents.

I just happened to have pork ribs simmering in the crock pot with NE Carolina vinegar sauce, and stuck one of those dried peppers in there. We finished the ribs off on the grill.

Ribs with sauerkraut and Wickles pickles and salad. I have a new love...smoked, dried peppers. (Sorry everyone with nightshade intolerances, for some reason I have a lot of food issues, but I can still do nightshades.)

Tonight wasn't that great. Overcooked grilled marinated skirt steak. But the taters were good, and so was my weird salad (romaine lettuce, sliced peach, sliced greek olives and citrus viniagrette.

cahill Collaborator

Since there are some bacon fans here, has anyone tried brushing bacon with something sweet such as maple syrup and roasting in the oven? Lovely - sort of like bacon candy. Also good sprinkled with black pepper and pomegranate molasses.

I never would have thought to try that :huh:

I do love maple syrup on my pork sausage so it sounds like something I would enjoy :D

mushroom Proficient

Also good sprinkled with black pepper and pomegranate molasses.

Just as a matter of interest, how BIG is your pantry? :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Last night we had the best pork ribs ever. I stopped by a Latin produce store and they had smoked, dried poblano peppers. I picked up four for 50 cents.

I just happened to have pork ribs simmering in the crock pot with NE Carolina vinegar sauce, and stuck one of those dried peppers in there. We finished the ribs off on the grill.

Ribs with sauerkraut and Wickles pickles and salad. I have a new love...smoked, dried peppers. (Sorry everyone with nightshade intolerances, for some reason I have a lot of food issues, but I can still do nightshades.)

Tonight wasn't that great. Overcooked grilled marinated skirt steak. But the taters were good, and so was my weird salad (romaine lettuce, sliced peach, sliced greek olives and citrus viniagrette.

I am a chili pepper FANATIC. Whenever friends travel to the US or Mexico they know without asking to bring back whatever they can find. It is almost like a collection! Some of my favourites are mulato, chipotle (dried jalapeno), ancho (dried poblano), cascabel, guajillo, aleppo... I toast them on dry heat, grind in my M&P or grinder and use in rubs, seasoning blends, chili pastes and so on. If our climate was better I would grow tons and tons but alas...Zone 1a is not exactly conducive to pepper production! :lol:

Have you tried the hottest pepper on the planet, the esteemed Bhut Jolokia or Ghost Pepper? Almost nearly impossible to find (I haven't yet but don't know whether I would want to - I love heat but I love to taste my food!).

love2travel Mentor

Just as a matter of interest, how BIG is your pantry? :lol:

An entire room lined with shelves plus shelves downstairs. At any given time I probably have at least 50 different kinds of interesting condiments and preserves (I make most), 85 spices, truffle paste, lots of vanilla beans, etc. I often open my pantry just to look and I am not kidding. It is like an international specialty food store! People actually have come over to ogle. :lol: