Jump to content
  • Sign Up
jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Tonight I made Tandoori Chicken with roasted curry cauliflower.  Was pretty good.  Now my house will smell like curry for a few days and when I walk inside after being out I will get hungry, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it is the second day of rain sprinkles here in California.   It finally feels like Fall even though I am still wearing shorts and flip flops!B)  I am happy not to be running the air conditioner.   Alas, it will not last. :angry: Temperatures to hit 100 degrees by the weekend. 

I am making chili and salad for tonight's dinner to celebrate the rain and the hint of cool weather!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicken wings with Turmeric turned out great. It is super easy to make and super delicious and healthy (I think, depending on how many wings you eat :D). I wanted to try something I have not made before but I did not want to spend much time preparing it. So, I took some chicken wings, put some olive oil, turmeric, and salt and mixed it all and baked it in the oven. I did flip them when I saw that they got nice and crunchy on top, so I wanted to make sure it was like that on both sides.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grilled chicken wings for lunch today too and served it with a nice green salad.  

The rest of the day was devoted to my FIL's birthday party.  Served Tri-Tip and sausages, baked beans, green salad, jello, and potato salad.  Then best was the lemon pound cake, pumpkin raisin cupcakes, and cheesecake.  No one could tell that they were gluten-free!  I am tired from all that cooking and baking!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also make that cheese with blueberries!  Sooooooo yummy.  But hard to find.  Must be a very limited supply as our store is always trying to get it and it's often unavailable.

 

 

tonight we are grilling some steaks and veggie kabobs ( red onion, red pepper, potatoes and pineapple marinated in teriyaki and some of the pineapple juice)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blueberries in cheese?  I'm going to look for it in our stores (West Coast).  

Tonight is Tri-Tip steak (West Coast cut) with mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus.  Too tired to pull a salad together.  We had an all-day marching band tournament.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LookingforAnswers15 said:

Kareng, that sounds absolutely delicious. How do you make coconut rice? 

I roasted lamb chops and cooked white rice. These days I crave red meat. :D

I used this recipe.  I used frozen peas instead of canned.  I used jalapenos for the marinade and salsa and it wasn't hot.  But a great flavor.

 

 

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/jerk-pork-with-pineapple-salsa-and-coconut-rice-roble-ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kareng said:

I used this recipe.  I used frozen peas instead of canned.  I used jalapenos for the marinade and salsa and it wasn't hot.  But a great flavor.

 

 

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/jerk-pork-with-pineapple-salsa-and-coconut-rice-roble-ali

THANK YOU KARENG!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LookingforAnswers15 said:

THANK YOU KARENG!

 

The rice is sort of mushy.  its delicious, that's just how it is supposed to be.  It would be good with fruit in it - canned crushed pineapple or raisins and be breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to bring this thread back!  We had chicken & black bean tacos tonight!  I cooked chicken breast pieces ( that was on sale) with a can of fire roasted tomatoes and canned black beans and enchilada sauce in the crockpot.  Great way to cook and not heat up your house!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are visiting family, so our dinner was dull.  A nice salad and grilled burgers with cheese.  I used a silicon mat to insure the burgers were not exposed to cross contamination.  Made a Krusteaz coffee cake for dessert.  Luckily, my folks have a stove in the basement, so no worries about cross contamination as I am the only one who uses it.  

At home, I cook mostly outside during the summer.    I use a variety of electrical appliances.  My kitchen faces West, so even with A/C, it is the hottest room in the house.  🥵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cyclinglady said:

We are visiting family, so our dinner was dull.  A nice salad and grilled burgers with cheese.  I used a silicon mat to insure the burgers were not exposed to cross contamination.  Made a Krusteaz coffee cake for dessert.  Luckily, my folks have a stove in the basement, so no worries about cross contamination as I am the only one who uses it.  

At home, I cook mostly outside during the summer.    I use a variety of electrical appliances.  My kitchen faces West, so even with A/C, it is the hottest room in the house.  🥵

I think burgers and a coffee cake is a great dinner!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coffee cake makes any dinner exciting. We had Velveeta shells & cheese, corn on the cob, and burgers on sesame seed buns for supper. Cantaloupe with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night we made burgers on the grill.  I just like mine on shredded lettuce and chopped tomato.  We are very careful to keep the gluten eaters’ buns separate and drop burgers on them.  This process must be done with a slow and steady hand or the dog may get the burger.  😀

We has some great corn on the cob and some little multi- colored potatoes I cut up and coated with a little olive oil - then cooked in the air fryer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday, I had a breakfast quiche I added in some browned Turkey Breakfast sausage and some vegan mozzarella, And test batch of Paleo Melon Pan (cake bread of coconut flour base coated in a almond flour based cookie dough and baked)
Lunch was Beef and Broccoli stir fry seasoned with Coconut Secret coconut amnions and same brand teriyaki sauce with a bit of Big Axe Spice Zanzibar seasoning.
Today I had some left over paleo herb bread (coconut and egg white base) that I mixed with eggs, egg whites, almond milk, vegan cheese, and spinach then baked into a quiche for breakfast, I had a half chocolate doughnut also from my bakery. Snack time was Epic Baked pork rinds with a mild guacamole and Dinner is going to be homemade Broccoli Tots, I went ahead and mixed up my quiche for tomorrow same thing but added in some beef and I mixed up a meat loaf recipe that am letting set over night to be cooked in instant tomorrow.

My breakfast are generally quiches and left over baked goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

Yesterday, I had a breakfast quiche I added in some browned Turkey Breakfast sausage and some vegan mozzarella, And test batch of Paleo Melon Pan (cake bread of coconut flour base coated in a almond flour based cookie dough and baked)
Lunch was Beef and Broccoli stir fry seasoned with Coconut Secret coconut amnions and same brand teriyaki sauce with a bit of Big Axe Spice Zanzibar seasoning.
Today I had some left over paleo herb bread (coconut and egg white base) that I mixed with eggs, egg whites, almond milk, vegan cheese, and spinach then baked into a quiche for breakfast, I had a half chocolate doughnut also from my bakery. Snack time was Epic Baked pork rinds with a mild guacamole and Dinner is going to be homemade Broccoli Tots, I went ahead and mixed up my quiche for tomorrow same thing but added in some beef and I mixed up a meat loaf recipe that am letting set over night to be cooked in instant tomorrow.

My breakfast are generally quiches and left over baked goods.

You always make some yummy stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...