This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

freeatlast Collaborator

My husband was at the Colt's game last night and I had a birthday dinner to go to, so I made a spur of the moment soup in my crockpot:

Beef Stew Soup

1 Container Swanson's Beef Broth or Stock

2-3 lbs. stew beef

3 large Irish potatoes, diced

6-8 carrots, cut in thirds

Salt, pepper, bayleaf

1 small onion, diced

4 bulbs of garlic, 2 diced, 2 cooked whole

I cooked the soup on high for four hours, while I was out, in my crockpot and then cooked it on low for another hour until tender.

We had it for lunch today with a dollop of sour cream. Very filling and delicious.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

jerseyangel Proficient

Leftover Tink spaghetti and sausage.....will be alone since husband has a meeting and I can be lazy!

salexander421 Enthusiast

We had this yummy gluten free vegan lasagna, it was delicious!

http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/soy-free-dairy-free-but-still-decadent-cheesy-spinach-lasagna-366.html

I used almonds instead of pine nuts for the "ricotta"

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Tonight I'm planning chicken fried rice and egg drop soup.

Emilushka Contributor

Tonight I'm planning chicken fried rice and egg drop soup.

Could you post a recipe for the egg drop soup, please? Or PM me if nobody else is interested ...

Lunabell Apprentice

I am cooking a turkey meatball with Asian noodles recipe that I found. It looks delicious.

sunnybabi1986 Contributor

It's taco night for us tonight! :) We had steak, Annie's Mac n Cheese, and peas last night, and White Chicken Chili the night before...Yum!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

My low fat mac & cheese and broccoli. :)

Jestgar Rising Star

crock pot turkey and assorted veggies.

Dixiebell Contributor

Ham soup- had a lot of left over ham, can of tomatoes, potatoes, bag of frozen veggies, onion and a can of white beans and corn muffins. I really surprised myself with the soup, it was very good.

Could you post a recipe for the egg drop soup, please? Or PM me if nobody else is interested ...

Sure! It's really easy, I don't really follow a recipe but I can tell you how to make it:

1 can (or about two cups) chicken broth

1-2 eggs

1 green onion, chopped

gluten-free Soy sauce (optional, I used Coconut Secrets instead, but I have left out the soy in the past)

Heat broth to a slow rolling boil. Beat eggs in a bowl with a wisk or fork. When broth is boiling stir in a circular motion and slowing pour egg into boiling broth while stiring. Fast stiring and slow pouring will lead to thin egg ribbons, slow stiring or fast pouring will lead to thick egg pieces. Add chopped green onion and remove from heat. Serve hot. Add gluten-free soy sauce to flavor if desired. If using homemade broth you may need to add extra salt. My DH likes to add hot sauce to his to make it spicy. You could also add chopped veggies of any kind like carrots if you want, just don't boil too long after you add the eggs or they get overcooked. If done right, the eggs are thin, light and almost like noodles. I often make this when I'm sick because it's an easy chicken soup.

Jestgar Rising Star

crock pot turkey and assorted veggies.

and a twice baked tater filled with leftovers. this one's salmon and mushroom, and the tater part is mixed with leftover squash.

mushroom Proficient

Just found blue cod on sale at the supermarket, so fresh, so delish. only $5.00 - all we had with it was lemon (for DH), asparagus, and baked yam. It was wonderful. Could eat that every night if it wasn't normally so damnably expensive. They must be expecting a big shipment in on Friday :o Mebee I'll go back??

freeatlast Collaborator

Just found blue cod on sale at the supermarket, so fresh, so delish. only $5.00 - all we had with it was lemon (for DH), asparagus, and baked yam. It was wonderful. Could eat that every night if it wasn't normally so damnably expensive. They must be expecting a big shipment in on Friday :o Mebee I'll go back??

That is definitely on my list of things to try. Sounds delicious!!!

missy'smom Collaborator

last night:

Me: bunless burger patty w/goats' milk cheese

steamed green beans

sauerkraut

sauteed red onion

Kiddo:bunless burger patty w/cow's milk cheese

green beans

cukes

Ore-Ida hashbrown patty

tonight:

Me: bunless burger patty w/ goat's milk cheese

same roasted veg. as kiddo minus the potato

sauteed zucchini

Kiddo: meatloaf(Ener G bread as breadcrumbs) w/ bacon on top

roasted veggies-carrots, onions, parsnips and potato

green veg.-broccoli?

We had chicken parm and steamed green beans with almonds.

Dixiebell Contributor

Roasted chicken breast, leftover shells and cheese (for me and hub), baby lima beans and brussel sprouts.

Emilushka Contributor

Bacon! I actually only ate bacon for dinner tonight. Sometimes it's great to be an adult.

Jestgar Rising Star

Bacon! I actually only ate bacon for dinner tonight. Sometimes it's great to be an adult.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sa1937 Community Regular

Bacon...YUM! Sounds good to me. laugh.gif For two days I've been running around like a crazy woman with appointments and errands. And it's been unusually cold with 30 mph winds. Came home feeling like a popsicle! After getting off to a good start earlier in the week with a chicken stir-fry/rice and pot roast, last night I actually had peanut butter on a Lundberg brown rice cake and two pieces of banana bread. Nary a veggie in sight. tongue.gif Good thing I live alone and don't have to worry about feeding a family...they just wouldn't get it and I needn't be concerned with setting a good example!!!

jerseyangel Proficient

I actually had peanut butter on a Lundberg brown rice cake and two pieces of banana bread. Nary a veggie in sight. tongue.gif Good thing I live alone and don't have to worry about feeding a family...they just wouldn't get it and I needn't be concerned with setting a good example!!!

Love it!!! :lol: I've been known to substitute a big bowl of homemade popcorn for a meal from time to time..... :P

sa1937 Community Regular

Love it!!! laugh.gif I've been known to substitute a big bowl of homemade popcorn for a meal from time to time..... tongue.gif

I haven't tried popcorn (my absolute favorite snack food) for about six months...the last time I had it, I liked it but it didn't like me. ph34r.gif But I'd only been gluten-free for a couple of months then. I used to occasionally have a bowl of cereal for dinner...not often but hey, it was food and it was real. biggrin.gif

When I got home yesterday, I was absolutely starved so did have a ham sandwich on Udi's bread about 3 p.m. so that took the edge off my ravenous hunger.

jerseyangel Proficient

I haven't tried popcorn (my absolute favorite snack food) for about six months...the last time I had it, I liked it but it didn't like me.

Took me a couple years to be able to eat popcorn again--so there's hope :D

Jestgar Rising Star

Package of ground turkey breast, cooked on stovetop, added 2 cans of tomatoes, let heat through thoroughly. It was actually pretty healthy until I melted the big chunk of cheese into my bowl of it. :P

kareng Grand Master

Left overs from the office party last night. Cheeses, crackers, pineapple, carrots, brownies & truffles.