This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

researchmomma Contributor

Left over rice, chicken, raw mushrooms and other veggies.....Fried Rice...Very good!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Butternut squash soup with rice cakes and humus.

GFdad0110 Apprentice

I was actually just thinking about that a couple of minutes ago. A slow simmer is actually better than boiling BUT sometimes you just do not have the time to simmer for a couple of hours! Either way, it works just fine and I hope you love your soup.

It is mighty cold here right now (windchill -51F) so soup sounds sooooo good. :)

thats what I meant its been simmering for a couple hours now. The flavor is starting to come out now think i'll go another hour. Wow thats cold where are you?

sora Community Regular

I did a crock pot pork butt and made some tortillas and had little sandwiches with some enchilada sauce.

Apple, celery and dried cranberry salad.

Now I am bloated and gassy, first raw apple in three months.

Should have had soup. :(

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had grilled steaks and nuked green beans with roast sweet potatos for me, white taters for him.

love2travel Mentor

thats what I meant its been simmering for a couple hours now. The flavor is starting to come out now think i'll go another hour. Wow thats cold where are you?

Oh, sorry. I hope I didn't offend you! When it comes to cooking I am rather eager when making comments. How was your soup? Delicious, I bet! :)

Yes, it is cold. We live in northern Alberta.

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I'm taking my son to Science Night at school, where they are serving Domino's Pizza.

So I will be having leftover spaghetti sauce with gluten-free pasta!

And he will be hosed down prior to re-entry!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFdad0110 Apprentice

Oh, sorry. I hope I didn't offend you! When it comes to cooking I am rather eager when making comments. How was your soup? Delicious, I bet! :)

Yes, it is cold. We live in northern Alberta.

not at all. keep the posts coming you have some great recipes/ideas. actually made the soup tonight I i got hungry while I was making the stock so I made a chicken sandwich with the leftovers- chicken,piece of bacon,swiss,avacado and mustard.

love2travel Mentor

Turkish Vegetarian:

- Sweet Potato Cakes with Pomegranate

- Mung Beans with Caramelized Onions and Nigella Seeds

- Pistachio, Rose Water and Honey Ma'amoul Cookies

burdee Enthusiast

I'm thawing and heating (microwaving) leftover homemade clam chowder with homemade buckwheat corn (yeast) bread. Our dinner will match the weather, which was 6-8 inches of snow fall today and a high of 29 F. That's not typical Seattle weather, but I love walking in the snow. Just wish I had some cross country skies, like everyone else around here.

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Leftovers tonight, butternut squash soup and some humus. However, I'm thinking stovetop popcorn or a turkey hotdog. Simple night :)

sora Community Regular

Sweet and sour chicken with rice.

Arrived home late this evening, had grilled chicken apple brats with nachos. I figured the salsa and apple counted as a fruit and veg!

mushroom Proficient

Arrived home late this evening, had grilled chicken apple brats with nachos. I figured the salsa and apple counted as a fruit and veg!

Heck, if you had ketchup with the brats, that's two veg!! You got your three servings :D

love2travel Mentor

We are going to Korea tonight (well, at least our tastebuds are!):

Korean Green Onion Pancakes with Soy Dressing

Chilled Tangy Buckwheat Soba Noodles

Cucumber "Relish" Salad

GFdad0110 Apprentice

filet mignon with oven roasted sweet potato fries. Its Friday I thought i'd treat myself steak and fries.

love2travel Mentor

filet mignon with oven roasted sweet potato fries. Its Friday I thought i'd treat myself steak and fries.

Ahhhhh...a version of steak frites. Delicious! :)

lucia Enthusiast

Vegetarian:

-pureed carrot soup, garnished with sesame/seaweed mix

-wasabi & scallion mashed potatoes

-braised collard greens with sweet & sour sauce

(I suppose it's pan-Asian.)

Cathey Apprentice

Mushroom risotto, veal marsala and grilled baby eggplant with goat cheese balsamic. yum.

Now back in the kitchen and time to cook my Sauerbraten and kartoffelklossee for tomorrow. The meat has been soaking all week and I cook tonight and then fridge overnight making it easier to slice tomorrow, same thing with the kartoffelklossee (potato dumplings) prepare tonight and cook tomorrow. I have to thank my DH he found me the gluten-free ginger snaps for the gravy and went 35 minutes out of his way tonight to buy me fresh gluten-free mock rye bread. Tomorrows feast is a startin.

Mushroom risotto, veal marsala and grilled baby eggplant with goat cheese balsamic. yum.

Now back in the kitchen and time to cook my Sauerbraten and kartoffelklossee for tomorrow. The meat has been soaking all week and I cook tonight and then fridge overnight making it easier to slice tomorrow, same thing with the kartoffelklossee (potato dumplings) prepare tonight and cook tomorrow. I have to thank my DH he found me the gluten-free ginger snaps for the gravy and went 35 minutes out of his way tonight to buy me fresh gluten-free mock rye bread. Tomorrows feast is a startin.

Sounds seriously yummy!

We went to Mexico (Baha!)

We had fish tacos made from fresh grilled pompano, Mission corn tortillas (thank you Mushroom!) blackened onions and peppers with salsa, grated sharp cheddar cheese, minced jalepeno peppers, grated cabbage and salsa. That's alot going on for the tastebuds, but it was really, really good, especially with a squirt of lime.

I had an ear of roasted corn too. (Corn is in season in the deep south now.) DP remembered that his mom used to cook him frozen fishsticks and burnt fried eggs on Friday nights. He thinks I'm a really good cook. I'm really average. Tonight was a winner though. :D

sa1937 Community Regular

Last night I fixed oven fried chicken, scalloped potatoes and fresh green beans with saut

love2travel Mentor

James Beard's Meatloaf with Red Wine Glaze

Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Mustard Seeds

Seared Broccoli Spears with Lemon and Crispy Capers

Julienned Cucumber Salad

Cheese Biscuits I made earlier in the day

Heck, if you had ketchup with the brats, that's two veg!! You got your three servings :D

:D I like the way you think. :D

freeatlast Collaborator

Last night I fixed oven fried chicken, scalloped potatoes and fresh green beans with saut

sa1937 Community Regular

I use sweet rice flour, too. Did you not like the taste or texture of yours?

I can't pinpoint it...I just did not care for it. I think texture may have had something to do with it. Of course, it's ages since I made it before so maybe my taste has changed. Perhaps I should try a different kind of flour (maybe Jules).