This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Cort Caldwell Newbie

High protein Fresh baked millet-teff spinach rolls, spicy baked home fries, tangy quinoa salad, , homemade "instant" coconut blueberry ice cream for dessert.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

love2travel Mentor

Decided what to have with my Beef Teriyaki et. al. - baguettes are rising in the oven. I have a bread craving today.

Simona19 Collaborator

We had Gluten free Potato Pierogi with sour cream and roasted onion.

o6jneb.webp

love2travel Mentor

Oh, wow. What flours did you use to make the pierogi?

alex11602 Collaborator

We had Gluten free Potato Pierogi with sour cream and roasted onion.

o6jneb.webp

Oh I miss pierogis so much and those look so delicious. Could you share how you made them?

beebs Enthusiast

I have never had pierogis, but my husband goes on and on about them - so if you cold post a recipe I would really appreciate it!

Marilyn R Community Regular

We had little sirloin bergers on toasted Chebe cheese rolls, with green beans and horseradish pickles. Dessert was little scoops of Chocolate gelato with fresh sliced strawberries on top.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

Oh I miss pierogis so much and those look so delicious. Could you share how you made them?

OMG! they do look amazing. I could almost lick my monitor.

IrishHeart Veteran

OMG! they do look amazing. I could almost lick my monitor.

I licked mine. :)

love2travel Mentor

Vegetarian Persian:

Tah Dig (Persian Rice)

Leek Patties

gluten-free Lentil Crackers with Lemon Ginger Hummus

Mago Newbie

I had an awesome cooking week this week, so I have to post! I made pulled pork from scratch in the crock pot and have been eating it for 3 days straight! On the weekend, I made sushi from scratch (using some fake lobster I found to replace fake crab... the only ingredients difference being the lack of added wheat starch :huh: ), then on Monday, I used the leftover lobster and shrimp to make a seafood pasta white sauce.

love2travel Mentor

I had an awesome cooking week this week, so I have to post! I made pulled pork from scratch in the crock pot and have been eating it for 3 days straight! On the weekend, I made sushi from scratch (using some fake lobster I found to replace fake crab... the only ingredients difference being the lack of added wheat starch :huh: ), then on Monday, I used the leftover lobster and shrimp to make a seafood pasta white sauce.

That's great! Pulled pork is always better the subsequent days. I just love making it. And lobster - yum! I am still a bit squeamish about killing a live lobster...but do it anyway. :huh:

Sounds as though you are great at re-purposing! :)

Simona19 Collaborator
love2travel Mentor

Simona, that is awesome! I am dying (well, itching) to try these soon. I will be away for two weeks but will try them when I return.

I still think of you and your Challah bread - I've made it since and it is very good. :D

Simona19 Collaborator

Simona, that is awesome! I am dying (well, itching) to try these soon. I will be away for two weeks but will try them when I return.

I still think of you and your Challah bread - I've made it since and it is very good. :D

It was good. The smell in the house after you will pull that thing out of oven is beautiful, but that thing is enormous. Since then I have tried to make smaller one. I also made pastry for holidays and special Slovakian food with yeast dough that came out perfect.

141jigk.webp

2qxq8np.webp

Everything is gluten and casein free.

IrishHeart Veteran

It was good. The smell in the house after you will pull that thing out of oven is beautiful, but that thing is enormous. Since then I have tried to make smaller one. I also made pastry for holidays and special Slovakian food with yeast dough that came out perfect.

Just beautiful, Simona! :) and thank you for sharing all your recipes and pictures with us!

pondy Contributor

I'm cooking a beef roast with baby carrots, onion, celery & turnip... ahhh, comfort food!

:)

IrishHeart Veteran

My Creamy Red Bell Pepper Soup & Hub's homemade bread and my major dairy indulgence, thick creamy Irish Butter.

GFdad0110 Apprentice

nasty rainy day today gonna make some beef stew over rice

love2travel Mentor

141jigk.webp

2qxq8np.webp

Wow, Simona - those are gorgeous! You have been busy. What are the heart-shaped treats?

hillary13 Rookie

I just made a grilled turkey and cheddar cheese sandwich... :) :) the only that i don't like is that the bread is still a little mushy in the middle from moisture because i keep the bread in the freezer. i gotta figure out another way to store my bread. i also cut up some strawberries to go with it. :) yum yum.....

love2travel Mentor

Probably one of the most boring meals for about five years. I am going away for two weeks (to see my family, at 5 different homes!) so packing up is a chore, especially for all my gluten-free stuff and kids' 2012 birthday gifts organized.

Local Cumberland sausage (it seemed very wrong not to have Bangers and Mash)

Leek Patties

Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Potatoes

See? Told ya. Excruciatingly dull. Lifeless.

Marilyn R Community Regular

I popped into a Brazillian food store yesterday to see if I could buy tapioca flour. They had it in 5 lb. bags, sweet or unsweet.

I got mesmerized because the husband of the shop owner was making fresh sausage. I bought a link. It was less than $3.00 for about 1 1/2' of fresh sausage.

DP grilled it. I don't think I've ever had sausage that fresh or well seasoned or good. We were armed and dangerous with our mustard, butthe mustard went back in the refrigerator unused. We have enough left over grilled sausage to make yummy eggs tomorrow.

So we went to Brazil tonight, and fell in love.

that was with homemade apple sauce, cheese bread and potatoe salad.

I'm not sure if I can stay away from that little store this weekend, I usually hunker down on the weekends and cook, clean and get ready for the workweek. They had a cheese bread mix that originates in Brazil and is .80 less than Chebes, and the store owner told me there is no need to add cheese.

DP grew up in brat world, he said the sausage was the best he'd ever had.

IrishHeart Veteran

Probably one of the most boring meals for about five years. I am going away for two weeks (to see my family, at 5 different homes!) so packing up is a chore, especially for all my gluten-free stuff and kids' 2012 birthday gifts organized.

Local Cumberland sausage (it seemed very wrong not to have Bangers and Mash)

Leek Patties

Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Potatoes

See? Told ya. Excruciatingly dull. Lifeless.

Yeah, that's what we are all thinking. :lol:

Sweetie, your idea of "boring, dull and lifeless" is 5- star dining for some people who may have no culinary skills or access to specialty foods. :lol: They do not find anything you post "dull", I am sure. They mostly just want to come live with you. :)

Have a good trip!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

I got mesmerized because the husband of the shop owner was making fresh sausage. I bought a link. It was less than $3.00 for about 1 1/2' of fresh sausage.

DP grilled it. I don't think I've ever had sausage that fresh or well seasoned or good.

There is nothing quite like fresh, is there? :) It sounds yummy!

We get chicken, pork and beef from the local farms sometimes and of course, it is far better than store bought stuff.

A Brazilian store, eh---not sure we have one of those around, but I will check. That tap starch price is awesome!