jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Simone, your dinners look fabulous. Love2Travel, your dinner sounded sublime.

Irish, we had pizza tonight too... a palatable frozen pizza!!! :D Conte's brand. It was right around $8 and the little store next to my office started stocking it. I've enjoyed that brand's frozen lazagna and manicotti for lunch a few times after a fellow a cutomer turned me onto it at a health food store, and have never had a problem with that brand (unlike some other frozen gluten-free manufacturers).

DP gave it an "A", I'd give it at least a B since I just doctored it up a bit. (Ham, onion, red peepers and a little asiago cheese.) It bakes in 12 minutes. Good fast food! Whoo hoo. I almost forgot what that's like!

Tomorrow will be crock pot corned beef briskit with onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Count down to St. Pattie's is on. :)

Irish, we had pizza tonight too... a palatable frozen pizza!!! :D Conte's brand. It was right around $8 and the little store next to my office started stocking it. I've enjoyed that brand's frozen lazagna and manicotti for lunch a few times after a fellow a cutomer turned me onto it at a health food store, and have never had a problem with that brand (unlike some other frozen gluten-free manufacturers).

DP gave it an "A", I'd give it at least a B since I just doctored it up a bit. (Ham, onion, red peepers and a little asiago cheese.) It bakes in 12 minutes. Good fast food! Whoo hoo. I almost forgot what that's like!

Sounds good. I am thinking I am still not ready for too many prepared foods, just yet ....but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the tip! :)

I made mashed potatoes with Earth balance margarine, rice milk and chopped fresh parsley; gravy with mushrooms and I roasted one big chunk of pork lion covered in spices- salt, black pepper, red paprika, salt, dry garlic and onion, nutmeg, grinded caraway seeds and ginger. Side dish: homemade pickles.

34fnxjs.jpg

Something simple.

That looks amazing!

Yesterday we had leftovers from Sunday- roasted pork, gravy with mushrooms, but with plain rice. I also made for my vegetarian son homemade Gnocchi with mushrooms and chives. For snack- desert we had homemade crepes with chocolate pudding, fresh raspberries, whip cream and chocolate syrup for topping. I had one with so-delicious coconut yogurt instead of whipcream and pudding.

After reading Simona's post, I want homemade gnocchi! But here's mine tonight:

(vegetarian meal)

-brussel sprouts & sliced apple with thyme

-quinoa pilaf

I also have some pumpkin, and am trying to decide what to do with it. I think I might just bake cubes of it.

I also have some pumpkin, and am trying to decide what to do with it. I think I might just bake cubes of it.

Something ou might want to try sometime - stuffed pumpkin.

Clut pumpkin in half around the diameter and scoop out center.

Layer a ouple of handfuls of baby spinach, piling it over the top a little.

Top with chopped red onion, and sliced mushrooms.

Scatter grated cheddar chees over fillings.

Bake in 350 degree over for l hour or until done.

Of course you could put any fillings you wanted in there. :)

Filets, baked potato, steamed asparagus. Simple.... but only because I spent the

afternoon making a cake! My first gluten-free cake since DX. :)

I've done pies, cookies, muffins, brownies, rolls, bread, pancakes, and a ridiculously outrageous flourless chocolate cake...but no layer cake yet. I felt like a challenge this afternoon. ;)

I used my traditional buttercream frosting and made a double layer cake with shredded

zucchini in it (sneaky way to get a few servings of veggies! :lol:

It was so delicious, if I do say so myself. B) yaaay!

Not bad for a girl who didn't have the strength to use a wire whisk just a year ago. whoohoo! The chef is back and she's getting chubby.

How about making a pumpkin soup?

I had a curried sweet potato soup for lunch, so I decided against that. But pumpkin soup is wonderful!

mushroom - your recipe sounds easy and delicious! Next time, I have the ingredients around and need an entree ...

What I really want to make now is ravioli with a pumpkin filling. I found out gluten-free ravioli are pretty easy. So, soon!

I managed to polish off an entire bowl of orange ginger chicken. The sauce was something I grabbed at the store with the plan to use it with stir fried veggies. Instead tonight I was feeling pretty ambitious and took the time to make Chinese style battered chicken. It was amazing! It wasn't quite as good as take out but that's probably due to cooking it myself instead of eating it out of a little white paper box.

Tonight had my grilled chicken wraps again (grilled chicken, chedder, avacado and horseradish mustard). Made a side of quinoa salad with celery, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, mozzarella cheese and the juice of one lime. Man that was good.

Black bean tortilla soup with avocado halves. And a big pile of wilted spinach. The soup was meat, egg and dairy free.

:D I haven't had blue cheese in over a year and a half because I'd read the cheese like stilton, gorgonzola and blue cheese could contain gluten if the mold for the cheese was produced from wheat. I read a couple articles today that disputed that. Could be old news for everybody, but I skipped through the grocery store and bought blue cheese.

Our dinner was mixed greens, blue cheese, diced avacados, sliced English cucumbers, basil vinegrette...and I was in seventh heaven.

We had chili too.

I found a recipe for grilled rosemary parmesan chicken wings that you dip in a sauce made from blue cheese dressing mixed with dijon mustard for the Super Bowl party! If interested, check this out:

http://steamykitchen.com/7055-baked-parmesan-garlic-chicken-wings.html

I'll probably make my own dressing, all of the blue cheese dressings appeared to have soy oil in them with the exception of one at my local grocery, and that one was almost $4.00 for a very small jar. I love blue cheese! Doing the happy dance...

You found a gluten-free pasta that is palatable cold? Will you spill your secret ingredients?

I make my pasta salad with Tinkyada pasta, I've used a few different shapes for it. Even my gluten eating teens love it. It's the only gluten-free pasta I like cold.

I love blue cheese! Doing the happy dance...

Me too! gee, hon...I wish I had known you were worried about blue cheese. I would have told you it is less likely that it is made that way anymore. (More gluten/celiac myths we can bust! :rolleyes: )

Some companies still make it that way, but BelGiosio and Maytag do not.

http://glutenfreecooking.about.com/od/soupsandsalads/f/Is-It-Safe-To-Eat-Blue-Cheese-On-A-Gluten-Free-Diet.htm

http://finecooks.com/2011/03/is-blue-cheese-gluten-free.html

http://surefoodsliving.com/2007/12/is-blue-cheese-gluten-free/

NOT gluten-free!--Saga brand (according to the last article I read)

Dance away, girl!!! yum.

You found a gluten-free pasta that is palatable cold? Will you spill your secret ingredients?

I think the rice pasta gets too mushy. I can't remmeber the brands but there are some rice mixed with corn that stand up better. The quinoa kind might, too, if you like it.