jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Movie night, cream cheese/cheddar, olive and beef spread with gluten-free crackers. It's easy and really yummy! Easy to double for a party!

1 block of cream cheese at room temp

4oz cheddar

3 green onions finely chopped

20 green olives(I like more)

a pack of Budding beef finely chopped

1 teas gluten-free worcestershire sauce (more if you like)

I make it like this, but you can add a 1/2 cupof mayo to make it more spreadable. I leave it out due to soy. I know I could use a soy free mayo, but this works great. No matter where I take this, they love it.

Also Pizza and popcorn! Along with a much needed glass of wine.

Movie night, cream cheese/cheddar, olive and beef spread with gluten-free crackers. It's easy and really yummy! Easy to double for a party!

1 block of cream cheese at room temp

4oz cheddar

3 green onions finely chopped

20 green olives(I like more)

a pack of Budding beef finely chopped

1 teas gluten-free worcestershire sauce (more if you like)

I make it like this, but you can add a 1/2 cupof mayo to make it more spreadable. I leave it out due to soy. I know I could use a soy free mayo, but this works great. No matter where I take this, they love it.

Also Pizza and popcorn! Along with a much needed glass of wine.

This sounds like a yummy spread, C-Kip! :)

Mixed grille tonight:

(it's actually 50 degrees in NYS today--global warming B) ??)

and so, garlicky loin lamb chops for me and sausages for hubster.

with baked sweet potatoes (after baking, I whip them with butter, brown sugar and a dash of cloves or allspice and cinnamon)

and braised brussel sprouts (saute some shallots, add some stock, parsley, thyme and simmer 15 mins. covered) yummy

And an encore piece of zucchini layer cake with buttercream frosting. I gave some of it to the Nurse/LMT who does my MT/PT but I admit it---I ate most of it. What an oinkster. :lol:

I have gained 20 lbs. since DX....but then again, I could barely eat for so long, what's the harm, right? right. ;)

now, where is that cake? uh oh, hubs has my plate!! whathe......hey, give that back!!!!

Mixed grille tonight: (it's actually 50 degrees in NYS today--global warming B) ??)and so, garlicky loin lamb chops for me and sausages for hubster.with baked sweet potatoes (after baking, I whip them with butter, brown sugar and a dash of cloves or allspice and cinnamon) and braised brussel sprouts (saute some shallots, add some stock, parsley, thyme and simmer 15 mins. covered) yummyAnd an encore piece of zucchini layer cake with buttercream frosting. I gave some of it to the Nurse/LMT who does my MT/PT but I admit it---I ate most of it. What an oinkster. :lol: I have gained 20 lbs. since DX....but then again, I could barely eat for so long, what's the harm, right? right. ;) now, where is that cake? uh oh, hubs has my plate!! whathe......hey, give that back!!!!

I don't know how you survive without all of us just showing up on your doorstep to be fed.

I decided to have pancakes and some leftover sausage for supper, far too tired after work to bother with any real cooking.

I don't know how you survive without all of us just showing up on your doorstep to be fed.

I decided to have pancakes and some leftover sausage for supper, far too tired after work to bother with any real cooking.

Are you kidding? I'd LOVE the company! :) C'mon over!

Truth be told, when I was very sick for 3 years and unable to eat much or cook like I really can because of serious brain fog and weakness, meals around here were BLAND and BORING--poor hubs!

So I am making it up to him! :) It was my cooking that attracted him in the first place. ;) ...so the story goes..... :lol:

Mixed grille tonight:

(it's actually 50 degrees in NYS today--global warming B) ??)

and so, garlicky loin lamb chops for me and sausages for hubster.

with baked sweet potatoes (after baking, I whip them with butter, brown sugar and a dash of cloves or allspice and cinnamon)

and braised brussel sprouts (saute some shallots, add some stock, parsley, thyme and simmer 15 mins. covered) yummy

And an encore piece of zucchini layer cake with buttercream frosting. I gave some of it to the Nurse/LMT who does my MT/PT but I admit it---I ate most of it. What an oinkster. :lol:

I have gained 20 lbs. since DX....but then again, I could barely eat for so long, what's the harm, right? right. ;)

now, where is that cake? uh oh, hubs has my plate!! whathe......hey, give that back!!!!

Eat, mange, you need it after all those years! Tell him to give it back! :P

Eat, mange, you need it after all those years! Tell him to give it back! :P

I arm-wrestled him for it and won. :) (he's a foot taller and weighs 80 lbs. more than I do) but when there's cake involved....

SUPERBOWL (go PATS! :D )

4-cheese white pizza with garlic and broccoli for a "starter"(really testing that "lactose tolerance" thing today :D )

Marinated Lamb, coconut sticky rice, sauteed chard.

Rice pudding? Tapioca? hmmm....no wait....No dessert. I am out of control. :lol:

I arm-wrestled him for it and won. :) (he's a foot taller and weighs 80 lbs. more than I do) but when there's cake involved....

SUPERBOWL (go PATS! :D )

4-cheese white pizza with garlic and broccoli for a "starter"(really testing that "lactose tolerance" thing today :D )

Marinated Lamb, coconut sticky rice, sauteed chard.

Rice pudding? Tapioca? hmmm....no wait....No dessert. I am out of control. :lol:

Yes, I picked the Pats for my pool and I am not a Manning fan (sorry for those of you who are!). Out of control?? It's Super Bowl Sunday, woman! Let her rip!

We are going to a gathering (lucky for me there will be two folks with Celiac there so everything except for one dish (from someone I don't trust cuz they don't get it. "you mean there are gluten in goldfish crackers?") will be gluten-free and made from those I trust.

We are having Chili, the fixings, jalape

We are going to my mom's house tonight to watch the Superbowl (apparently I'm supposed to root for the Giants) and I am making Bacon Cheeseburger Dip, Peanut Butter Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and some oil and vinegar cole slaw. My mom said that pretty much everything she makes will be safe too and I trust her so it should be some good eating tonight!

We are going to my mom's house tonight to watch the Superbowl (apparently I'm supposed to root for the Giants) and I am making Bacon Cheeseburger Dip, Peanut Butter Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and some oil and vinegar cole slaw. My mom said that pretty much everything she makes will be safe too and I trust her so it should be some good eating tonight!

Alex, sweetie! go and have a blast! So proud of you! :) ((hugs))

Thank you :) !!! Off topic, but I went and took my girls to a birthday party by myself yesterday and I was there for 5 hours.

that is AWESOME!!! (omg, I have tears in my eyes) I know how big that is. See, honey....you're getting there! :) Keep up the supplements and hang in there. THAT IS SO GREAT! yaaaay!

Okay that does it, I'm making something for dessert to celebrate! :)

I'm making my cream cheese olive spread again for superbowl upon request.

Mini turkey sliders with chives. Sauteed mushrooms, and white cheddar cheese for the toppers. gluten-free pizza with "extra cheese/black olives and pepperoni"(my daughter request)

I need some veggies!

Guest flowermom6117

tonite we are having finger foods in honor of the big game,

chicken nuggets (cut chicken breast rolled in butter and lays chips)

corn chips baked in the oven with meat and cheese top with guacamolie? and tomatoe

meatballs

and for dessert a fruit tray with cream cheese dip

break out the paper plates no dishes for mom tonite

Thank you :) !!! Off topic, but I went and took my girls to a birthday party by myself yesterday and I was there for 5 hours.

Oh, I am so proud of you. That is GREAT or as IrishHeart says, AWESOME!!!!

Sounds awesome Alec, can I come for left overs?

Now I'm eating leftovers from today. We did a late brunch, both boyz were home with friends. We did quiches with fresh fruit. Quiches were,

Ham, tomato and Swiss

Mushroom, onion, spinach

Zucchini and goat cheese

Mixed vegetable and ricotta

Also Potato cupcakes. Topped it off with Peach Bellini and a fresh fruit platter.

What an awesome day. Guess what I'm eating for lunch and dinner tomorrow?

Today I made red potatoes sprinkled with Italian seasoning, dry dill, salt, olive oil and baked in oven; stuffed chicken breast with Black Bear hard salami, frozen spinach, homemade red pepper relish and baked in Francesco Rinaldi spaghetti sauce; and salad made from corn, kidney beans, scallion, Italian pepper, tomatoes, salsa with Italian dressing.

35b9ocy.jpg

I know! Me too. I want to fly out and take one of her classes!

Thanks! I am actually on vacation visiting family so have not posted for ages! I miss it, too. ;)