jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

I'm cooking this hot and sour soup recipe to use up all my Christmas dinner turkey leftovers, along with some other things I had sitting around (half a package of tofu, an onion, some dried mushrooms, 3/4 carton of chicken broth, the end of a bottle of soy sauce, etc).

I've been wanting to try that recipe! I used up my leftover turkey and broth last night with this, and we're having the leftovers tonight. Yum! http://mamameglutenfree.blogspot.com/

I decided to let my 'god I want pancakes' voice win tonight. I made gluten free pancakes for supper and they were the BEST pancakes I ever had. OMG. I bought a cook book and I scored on the first one I bought. There is a flour mix recipe in there that is wonderful. Made the pancakes tonight, frosted sugar cookies for Christmas (my mom couldn't tell the difference), and chocolate chip cookies so far. I need to stop making all these tasty things though I'm going to gain weight.. LOL But it's soooo nice to have a meal or a treat of something I thought I'd never have again... Pancakes... oh yum! I love these people and their book... :P

http://www.artisanglutenfree.com

Trying to increase my vegetable content and decrease the crap content in my diet this week ;) So I made a very large dark leafy green salad with cabbage, onions, carrots, tomato, chopped raw almonds and walnuts tossed in a vinegrette :D

Trying to increase my vegetable content and decrease the crap content in my diet this week ;) So I made a very large dark leafy green salad with cabbage, onions, carrots, tomato, chopped raw almonds and walnuts tossed in a vinegrette :D

Sounds like a great salad... I had one like that for lunch... so I had the crap for dinner... LOL

I bought a cook book and I scored on the first one I bought. There is a flour mix recipe in there that is wonderful. Made the pancakes tonight, frosted sugar cookies for Christmas (my mom couldn't tell the difference), and chocolate chip cookies so far. I need to stop making all these tasty things though I'm going to gain weight.. LOL But it's soooo nice to have a meal or a treat of something I thought I'd never have again... Pancakes... oh yum! I love these people and their book... tongue.gif

http://www.artisanglutenfree.com

With a review like this, I decided to check it out and add it to my wish list...only to discover it's already there! And I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas!

I had crap for lunch (will those Christmas leftovers ever end?) so I had a pork chop, nuked sweet potato and spinach for dinner.

I feel this way too! We still have Christmas leftovers and I didn't even make very much. I like that everyone is eating healthy after the holidays. I was craving a salad today and I could have done without soup, but my DH wanted a hot meal. So I made some chickena nd rice soup for him. I'm planing on getting back to mostly low carb once my chocolate cupckes are gone. ;)

In my frig I have:

Tequila

rice paper wraps

butter

assorted condiments

Any suggestions for dinner? :P

Drink enough tequila and you can't eat.

What happened to all the ham based stuff in your freezer? Nuke something.

Drink enough tequila and you can't eat.

What happened to all the ham based stuff in your freezer? Nuke something.

:lol: :lol: I also have salmon frozen in mystery marinade, which is what I've chosen, along with the cheap wine. Sadly I have no more pineapple juice to mix the wine with, so I'm having it straight.

We had leftovers tonight. Husband had peppers with onions and sausage on a Hoagie roll (not gluten-free) and a piece of lemon chicken. Daughter had the rest of the lemon chicken and some white rice. No veg, I know but she had a platter of salad and fruit for lunch, so I didn't push it. I had a meatloaf (mine is about half meat and half veg) and some mashed potatoes.

Was going to do some Hormel chicken and some kind of potatoes for dinner tonight. I guess we can have that tomorrow if we don't go out to eat. Husband keeps pushing to go out to eat. I do have an Olive Garden gift card.

This came out very good! I did add a bit of Herbamare seasoning to the chicken after it was breaded because I felt like it wasn't enough seasoning. And when I make it again, I will have an extra lemon or two for topping. I had three lemons. They were small and not overly juicy. I used two of them for juicing. I had only enough slices to put one on each piece. I think it would be better if they were covered.

Thanks for posting that. It looks good! I use Herbamare seasoning all of the time, too. It is great!

Yeah, tequila is NOT my friend. I prefer red wine. That's easier to drink more slowly ... I tend to die a little every time I meet tequila.

I do not like tequila...but white wine (specifically Chardonnay) is my friend (in moderation, of course). wink.gif

I do not like tequila...but white wine (specifically Chardonnay) is my friend (in moderation, of course). wink.gif

Yes. I was heartbroken when beer was no longer my friend. I had so few years of enjoying beer ... but at least I do like red wine. I don't particularly like harder alcohols, so I'm left with only wines as my sources of ethanol. And red is my favorite! But at least there can be some variety by adding white. And for New Year's: CHAMPAGNE!

Yes. I was heartbroken when beer was no longer my friend. I had so few years of enjoying beer ... but at least I do like red wine. I don't particularly like harder alcohols, so I'm left with only wines as my sources of ethanol. And red is my favorite! But at least there can be some variety by adding white. And for New Year's: CHAMPAGNE!

Have you tried any of the gluten-free beers? Personally I don't like beer so that's not an issue for me.

But of course wink.giftongue.gif

I was alone for dinner last night so I made myself pancakes. Probably shoulda had some wine too..... rolleyes.gif

Somehow a glass (or more) of wine with pancakes just doesn't sound very good. lol

Tonight I'm making Chicken Alfredo with steamed broccoli. This will be a huge test for me on whether I can tolerate cheese/cream again. I've been able to eat small amoutns of hard cheese and butter for a while now, but the last time I had anything creamy my body rebelled, lol.