This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

Adalaide Mentor

I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself all weekend since I have laryngitis. I haven't eaten real food in days and wasn't feeling great this morning so I threw some beans in my crockpot and have some ham and bean soup brewing. I'll probably throw some dumplings on it. (Apparently my spellchecker wants to change crockpot to crackpot. :lol: )

I was feeling a bit more spry this evening and made a cherry coffee cake that came out of the oven about 15 minutes ago. I had my dessert first and it was so very delicious.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

IrishHeart Veteran

I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself all weekend since I have laryngitis. I haven't eaten real food in days and wasn't feeling great this morning so I threw some beans in my crockpot and have some ham and bean soup brewing. I'll probably throw some dumplings on it. (Apparently my spellchecker wants to change crockpot to crackpot. :lol: )

I was feeling a bit more spry this evening and made a cherry coffee cake that came out of the oven about 15 minutes ago. I had my dessert first and it was so very delicious.

crackpot :lol:

I told you before and I mean it...dessert before dinner is always a good idea! May I ask you to share that coffee cake recipe? I am stockpiling recipes for when I can eat more things. :lol:

(when I had laryngitis once, my hubs joked it was the most quiet week we ever had in our house. :lol: )

Hope you feel better soon!

mushroom Proficient

(when I had laryngitis once, my hubs joked it was the most quiet week we ever had in our house. :lol: )

And if your fingers cramp up and you can't use the keyboard it will be the quietest time here too! ;) I thought you were in laptop purgatory, or has that ended?

researchmomma Contributor

And if your fingers cramp up and you can't use the keyboard it will be the quietest time here too! ;) I thought you were in laptop purgatory, or has that ended?

Yeah, what she said! Aren't you supposed to be limiting your finger tapping?

IrishHeart Veteran

(snort) :lol:

I AM. I am ONLY answering PMs, skype calls and a few select thread posts. Barely 30 mins. today! (as opposed to my usual 3 hours. :D )

IrishHeart Veteran

Yeah, what she said! Aren't you supposed to be limiting your finger tapping?

I am LIMITING my time, honest! I had PT today and she said my mobility was greatly improved. okay, okay I'm done. The timer went off and so I have to stop, even if I am mid wo

rn2bsn Newbie

We had tacos, with fruit and yogurt! Mmmmmm

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Still getting back into things after being away for a couple of weeks. Simply smoky chipotle, black bean and pancetta soup with lime creme fraiche. Frozen green grapes for dessert. Tomorrow will be a different story! :D

Adalaide Mentor

While feeling a bit more spry, I wasn't up to any real baking. I just used the gluten free Bisquick recipe. The texture is different than what I'm used to in a coffee cake but I find if I knock off that expecting what I used to have and accepting that it's different now I enjoy things for what they are.

I'll bet my husband wishes it were the most quiet week in the house. Unfortunately for him I insist upon trying to talk, which is probably more painful to listen to than it is for my throat. :D

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/fruit-swirl-coffee-cake/5c7c3c15-7131-4668-9f19-ff2d5013fdcb#?st=2&term=gluten%20free%20coffee%20cake

come dance with me Enthusiast

I don't know what it's called, but it has chickpeas, kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, diced zucchini, carrot, pumkin, sweet potato, cauliflower, capsicum, broccoli, spinach, onion, mushrooms and chives, and I will put it on to simmer later. We also have jelly and icecream for dessert.

I am LIMITING my time, honest! I had PT today and she said my mobility was greatly improved. okay, okay I'm done. The timer went off and so I have to stop, even if I am mid wo

That was funny! We are just lookin' out for you Irish. :P

IrishHeart Veteran

That was funny! We are just lookin' out for you Irish. :P

thanks, cookie! I heart you.

Happy V-day to you, dear girl...and Happy V day, Everyone! :)

I am baking the buttery pound cake dusted with powdered sugar I meant to make the other night. Ran out of eggs. :o (I cannot have chocolate right now, damn!) so this is a sweet treat for my baby and me. It smells fab in my kitchen!

Dinner for my sweet guy is filet mignon roast with port mushroom sauce,

oven- roasted root veggies (potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts, rutabaga, turnip, parsnip with herbs and shallots, garlic, and some fresh steamed green beans.

Okay, over and out! :lol:

alex11602 Collaborator

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Tonight I am making grilled pork chops, crashed potatos and fresh steamed green beans. Plus homemade chocolate pudding for dessert, except it's more of a mousse texture.

IrishHeart Veteran

crashed potatoes

...alex, would those be VERY, VERY exhausted potatoes? :lol:

alex11602 Collaborator

...alex, would those be VERY, VERY exhausted potatoes? :lol:

They could be :D and if they are I can definitely relate.

But actually they are boiled potatoes that are smashed down a bit and baked with some seasonings, I found the recipe on this thread.

IrishHeart Veteran

They could be :D and if they are I can definitely relate.

But actually they are boiled potatoes that are smashed down a bit and baked with some seasonings, I found the recipe on this thread.

love it! I have always called mashed potatoes "smashed" since a child (they sound like they had a few martinis) but I have never heard of "crashed." I learn something new every day. ;)

thanks, cookie! I heart you.

Happy V-day to you, dear girl...and Happy V day, Everyone! :)

I am baking the buttery pound cake dusted with powdered sugar I meant to make the other night. Ran out of eggs. :o (I cannot have chocolate right now, damn!) so this is a sweet treat for my baby and me. It smells fab in my kitchen!

Dinner for my sweet guy is filet mignon roast with port mushroom sauce,

oven- roasted root veggies (potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts, rutabaga, turnip, parsnip with herbs and shallots, garlic, and some fresh steamed green beans.

Okay, over and out! :lol:

Love fest continues...it is Valentine's Day! I heart you back.

Happy Valentine's Day all!

Baked brie with roasted garlic and baguettes (I am going to bake my first baguette tonight, wish me luck!).

My 7 yo boy will have a hot dog instead of that "smushy stuff" on bread. :rolleyes:

Ciao!

IrishHeart Veteran

Baked brie with roasted garlic and baguettes (I am going to bake my first baguette tonight, wish me luck!).

drool (brie and baguettes!!! :) ) ... and of course, LUCK!!!! ;)

caio, bella

Juliebove Rising Star

Stuffed shells with some spinach in the cheese.

GFreeMO Proficient

Chicken fingers (strips) dipped in egg and rice flour and fried in a little olive oil with oven baked red potatoes. Homemade strawberry,raspberry, blueberry and blackberry sorbet.

Wenmin Enthusiast

Nothing fancy for Valentine's Day.

Sticky chicken and potatoes. Smothered cabbage and caulifower.

Happy Valentine's Day to ALL!

Wenmin

Lisa Mentor

He didn't offer to take me out, so.... <_<

Quiche, country sausage and potato pancakes.

IrishHeart Veteran

Chicken fingers (strips) dipped in egg and rice flour and fried in a little olive oil with oven baked red potatoes. Homemade strawberry,raspberry, blueberry and blackberry sorbet.

oh boy, I LOVE sorbet! that sounds good! do you make it yourself, hon?

IrishHeart Veteran

Nothing fancy for Valentine's Day.

Sticky chicken and potatoes. Smothered cabbage and caulifower.

Happy Valentine's Day to ALL!

Wenmin

OT but ...Sweet kitty pic! :)

IrishHeart Veteran

He didn't offer to take me out, so.... <_<

Quiche, country sausage and potato pancakes.

perhaps he has another surprise for you instead, Lisa! ;)