This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

jess-gf

cahill Collaborator

tonight is ,,,,,,,,,, well it doesnt really have a name. Basically it is egg roll filling with out the egg roll wrapper :P:lol: and some cherrys for dessert .

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

• Adalaide

• love2travel

• GottaSki

Top Posters In This Topic

• IrishHeart

IrishHeart 1,338 posts

• Adalaide

Adalaide 1,030 posts

• love2travel

love2travel 954 posts

• GottaSki

GottaSki 889 posts

Posted Images

mushroom Proficient

tonight is ,,,,,,,,,, well it doesnt really have a name. Basically it is egg roll filling with out the egg roll wrapper :P:lol: and some cherrys for dessert .

Sounds a bit like my "taco-less" tacos :P Maybe "roll-less" egg rolls :lol:

lucia Enthusiast

-potato parsnip patties with jalapeno applesauce

-slices of sharp cheddar

-brussell sprout, carrot & date slaw

Vegetarian!

squirmingitch Veteran

Sounds a bit like my "taco-less" tacos :P Maybe "roll-less" egg rolls :lol:

I do a taco-less taco too. Had one for lunch. Minus the cheese (low iodine). Sigh. I want CHEESE!

Dinner was BBQ Baby Back Ribs & white acre peas.

Marilyn R Community Regular

I had fresh okra that needed to be cooked, and I didn't feel like cooking. But I hate to waste food!

I boiled 2 cups of red lentils with 2 cups of water and a can of diced tomatos while I sauteed chopped onion, serrano pepper, red pepper, garlic and sliced okra over medium high heat for 7-10 minutes. The onions actually burnt (and turned sweet) and the okra was crisp and flavorful vs. being slimy. Added 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp. tumeric, S&P & the juice of a whole lemon to the lentils and served the veggies over the lentils garnished with creme fraiche and fresh chopped flat leaf parsley. It was the bees knees...quick, easy, healty and full of flavor.

The creme frache isn't necessary, you could substitute with sour cream or plain or greek yogurt, or forego.

Ryniev Apprentice

My friend and I made vietnamese spring rolls with rice paper, rice noodles, lettuce, shrimp, red pepper, cashews and shredded carrots with a gluten-free peanut sauce for dipping. It was time consuming but delicious.

love2travel Mentor

I hope you get better quickly love2travel!

Had pot roast here.

Thanks! Sometimes when you have a bad cold you feel as though you deserve to be spoiled to bits and waited on. :P

Still sick today so made gluten-free crispy crust pizza with all sorts of delicious toppings. It was incredible.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

My friend and I made vietnamese spring rolls with rice paper, rice noodles, lettuce, shrimp, red pepper, cashews and shredded carrots with a gluten-free peanut sauce for dipping. It was time consuming but delicious.

I really enjoy making spring rolls. They are so easy yet taste complicated. I love that you can make hundreds of fillings and sauces. They are so versatile!

People would be amazed at how well those with celiac can eat. The meal you just mentioned is naturally gluten free but some do not think of it that way.

Simona19 Collaborator

I made steamed white bread with Segedinsky goulash which is Sour Kraut sauce with pork chops and spices. It

Tamesis Rookie

I had Pad Thai....Mmmmm!! I got the recipe from "Looneyspoons", and it was spectacularly gluten-free without any modifications needed, aside from using gluten-free soya sauce! YUM!! :)

GottaSki Mentor

roast chicken, boiled cabbage and grated parmesean cheese baked into chips + choc-choc chip ice cream cake with carmel topping!

Simona19 Collaborator

I also made Vegetable Wellington Redux with gluten Phyllo dough from Vegetarian times magazine for my vegetarian son yesterday. It's asparagus with red Bell pepper, onion, two cheeses, pesto and spinach baked in the Phyllo dough.

I would like to ask you guys for a homemade gluten free Phyllo recipe that you tried and it was good. Please!!!

I want to make this gluten free for myself.

Ryniev Apprentice

I really enjoy making spring rolls. They are so easy yet taste complicated. I love that you can make hundreds of fillings and sauces. They are so versatile!

People would be amazed at how well those with celiac can eat. The meal you just mentioned is naturally gluten free but some do not think of it that way.

I came home for lunch today and pan fried two of the leftovers in a little coconut oil to heat and crisp them up! To die for delicious.

lucia Enthusiast

Another vegetarian meal:

-olive tapenade, orange & baby spinach salad

-potato gratin with tomato, basil & parmesan

Getting into salads now as the weather warms up (and leaving behind root vegetable & squash purees).

lucia Enthusiast

No one's cooking tonight? I'm looking forward to meat tonight since my husband, the vegetarian, is away.

-pan-fried spinach & feta chicken sausage (they didn't make them like this when I was a kid)

-jalapeno applesauce

-sauteed broccoli rabe with crispy garlic pieces*

-polenta rounds

*I slice garlic thinly and fry it in some olive oil until it browns. Then, I'll add it to my greens once they're cooked. Better than breadcrumbs!

love2travel Mentor

Still away from home, housesitting so do not have all my stuff accessible. I am very limited but am making:

Twice-Stuffed Potatoes with Pancetta and Smoked Gouda

Seared Pork Chop with Pomegranate Reduction

Cucumber Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette

Simona19 Collaborator

I made today mashed potatoes with Earth Balance margarine and rice milk, sauce from chicken breast, onion, mushrooms and spices, and steamed asparagus and saut

CarolinaKip Community Regular

I've been sick with a cold and a cough for a few weeks and need to go to the doctor. It's been butternut squash soup and tonight a bacon and cheese baked potato. I feel lousy! I got CC this past weekend at my own hands. I have a shared household. I've had two great pain free months until this weekend, so that's a blessing!

Lisa Mentor

Paula Deans Shrimp Etouffee....it was yummy! :)

But, what's the difference between white pepper and black pepper, other than color? :unsure:

squirmingitch Veteran

Oh Carolina, I'm so sorry. Cc'd & a cold ~~ life just isn't fair! Get well quick.smile.gif

I'm drooling at what you guys are having. I'm still having to watch the iodine intake otherwise I would be inhaling your meals straight off of my computer screen! Asparagus! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Drooling. High in iodine. Gouda cheese! Sigh. Same story.

Baby back ribs -- no BBQ sauce tonight.

Sweet Potatoes w/ melted marshmallows on top of the slices

Crookneck squash braised in coconut oil

Simple food but still very tasty!

CarolinaKip Community Regular

Oh Carolina, I'm so sorry. Cc'd & a cold ~~ life just isn't fair! Get well quick.smile.gif

I'm drooling at what you guys are having. I'm still having to watch the iodine intake otherwise I would be inhaling your meals straight off of my computer screen! Asparagus! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Drooling. High in iodine. Gouda cheese! Sigh. Same story.

Baby back ribs -- no BBQ sauce tonight.

Sweet Potatoes w/ melted marshmallows on top of the slices

Crookneck squash braised in coconut oil

Simple food but still very tasty!

Thank you!! I think it's the same way with a lot of us, I drool whenever anyone mentions peanut or almonds and tomato! I'm allergic....ahhh to eat spoonfuls of peanutbutter!!!!

squirmingitch Veteran

Thank you!! I think it's the same way with a lot of us, I drool whenever anyone mentions peanut or almonds and tomato! I'm allergic....ahhh to eat spoonfuls of peanutbutter!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhh, so you have to watch for those labels that say "may contain traces of tree nuts". I am truly sorry. Reading for gluten & nuts ~~~ must make your eyes cross!happy.gif

Simona19 Collaborator

I'm in the same boat as you, but I got more things to watch: all nuts, but I found sunflower butter that taste like nuts to me and I can manage 2-3 Tbsp. without major problem; kiwi, everything with honey, except clover honey in small amounts (I don't know why- probably pollen is the issue); new thing for me: casein allergy and I forgot something strange: orange aroma, or oil from orange peels, orange zest. All allergens that I have are causing my throat to shut, or uncontrolled cough.

Yesterday I also try to bake cake from potato dough. It was disaster. Dough tasted like burned potato and filling? OMG, yucky! I threw the all cake in garbage.

Even good cook can burn dinner sometimes.:lol: :lol: :lol:

sa1937 Community Regular

But, what's the difference between white pepper and black pepper, other than color? :unsure:

To me it would be color...but that doesn't necessarily mean that's correct. ohmy.gif You wouldn't want black flecks in white sauce for example. tongue.gif

love2travel Mentor

Still away from home and am cooking for myself:

Ricotta Gnocchi with Browned Butter and Crispy Sage

Rosemary Roasted Radishes