Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

HA! That almost happened to me at Henry's! My husband grabbed the gluten free $5 marshmallows and said look honey these are gluten free... I picked up the regular ones and so were they :)

Live and learn!

Kraft and campfire marshmallows are gluten free.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

I seem to remember the same thing happening with "fat free" a few years back. Foods that had NEVER contained fat were suddenly advertising themselves as fat free. Just a way to cash in on diet de jour. With the new publicity for gluten free brought about by fad dieters, we will probably see more opportunists.

I seem to remember the same thing happening with "fat free" a few years back. Foods that had NEVER contained fat were suddenly advertising themselves as fat free. Just a way to cash in on diet de jour. With the new publicity for gluten free brought about by fad dieters, we will probably see more opportunists.

To me, it's OK to advertise fat free or gluten free on something that was that way anyway, but when you start charging an outrageous price for an item that you can get free of "whatever" for a normal price, that's wrong.

richard

GRRR! We have had a bag of marshmallows burning a whole in our pantry. Today we decided we would roast them on the fireplace. While I don't see gluten on the list, Wegmans brand puts a G F in a circle for gluten-free stuff. I see no circle! I wonder if it could be a CC issue? As in gluten isn't an ingrediant, but they warn about CC? I could so go for roasted marshmallows!

GRRR! We have had a bag of marshmallows burning a whole in our pantry. Today we decided we would roast them on the fireplace. While I don't see gluten on the list, Wegmans brand puts a G F in a circle for gluten-free stuff. I see no circle! I wonder if it could be a CC issue? As in gluten isn't an ingrediant, but they warn about CC? I could so go for roasted marshmallows!

Wegmans is pretty cautious and very trustworthy. If you call their toll free number they will be able to answer your question. As for myself if it doesn't have the circle G and it is not a single ingredient item like ground coffee I don't consume.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)