Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginsou

Daiya-- Dairy,soy,gluten Free Cheese

I recently learned of a soy,dairy,gluten free cheese substitute and purchased it at my local natural food store....it is the answer to my prayers....I'm gluten,dairy,soy intolerant and have really been missing pizzas. I read good reviews on this product and when I made myself a pizza, my husband tasted it and my cheese tasted better than his real cheese. It comes in cheddar (great for tacos) and mozzarella. It is superb,and can be frozen. Great with a Bard's gluten free beer. We are having company for the holidays, I can now feel like a normal person with my special food. I enjoy Kinnikinnick pizza crusts when I don't feel like baking, and "hanging in there" NY style pizza crust when I am in the mood for baking. Daiya cheddar cheese also makes a great grilled cheese sandwich....and I also hope to be able to enjoy macaroni and cheese casserole again. Life keeps getting better and better for those of us with severe food allergies!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was just wondering about cheese. Is it organic? I need to find dairy that does not have hormones injected into it. I hope this is the answer to my cheese/dairy prayers.

Thanks!!!!

Thank you for your post! There is a local pizzeria near me that just started offering a gluten-free/dairy free pizza made with daiya cheese, and I was wondering if it would be any good! I can't have gluten or dairy either. I think I will give it a try.

I actually made an omelet with Daiya cheese for the first time in a couple years just last week. Not bad at all. It does have pea protein in it just in case anyone has a problem with peas. :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

This stuff is seven kinds of awesome. I can have pizza again! Huzzah! :D

Grain Free

Casein Free

Soy Free

Refined Sugar Free

Preservative Free

Free Range

Free Willy

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...

...dang...there goes chocolate... :bawl: