This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Seeking Celiac Buddies In Utah

Emme999

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hello there :) I just thought I would try to kick off this new Meeting Room thing!

Since I'm thinking this is going to be kind of a online dating site thing (although I'm not looking for a mate right now) I'll do this online dating style ;) ... Actually - let me just do something crazy and post what was my last match.com profile (the updated version): (Note: I was once "MsHeathen")

About me and who I'd like to date

Me: I am, hopefully, coming to the end of the samsara (bonus if you know what that means) here in Utah where I grew up in a gun-slinging family. I'm a born-again U of U student now studying with the same punks I used to babysit (damn it!). It's so liberating :P Hopefully I've become that hot older woman in class but *definitely* I’ve become that much wiser woman who now cares more about her GPA than finding a boyfriend (they are all too young for me anyway ;)). I'm in my fifth semester back now - the first was way too intense (but I pulled a 4.0), and the second had a few too many distractions - but I still managed a 3.7. (Ugh! Grades have dropped since I last wrote this - I guess that's what I get for taking statistics & accounting :( Still have a 3.4 though :)) So... you might have figured out by this point that I'm either wickedly smart and/or fiercely determined. If we should ever meet, you'll have to make that call. As for my outsides, I'm 5'4" with extremely fair skin, green eyes, and the softest blonde hair you could imagine – currently wearing size 4 jeans. Okay. Please do not contact me if you pee sitting down and/or get sympathy PMS. Also, no missionaries :P I'm not presently associated with any religion but find them all extremely interesting (i.e. I still have no idea what the hell is going on). I try to avoid cults but remain easily fascinated and pretty open-minded, but *please* don’t contact me if you talk to rocks. (Disclaimer ->) *MsHeathen is not for everyone. If you take nitrates, often used for chest pain, or alpha-blockers prescribed for high blood pressure, do not contact MsHeathen. Such combinations could cause a sudden unsafe drop in blood pressure. Don’t drink alcohol in excess (to a level of intoxication) with MsHeathen. This combination may increase your chances of getting dizzy or lowering your blood pressure. The most common side effects with MsHeathen include headache and muscle ache, sometimes with delayed onset. Most men aren’t bothered by the side effects enough to stop seeing MsHeathen. Discuss your medical conditions with your doctor to ensure that MsHeathen is right for you

Appearance

height: 5’ 4” (162.6 cms)

eyes: Green

hair: Blonde

hairstyle: Shoulder-length, Straight, Wind-tossed

body type: About average

body art: No Answer

best feature: Hair

Interests

for fun:

Bikram Yoga - It's Hot! (literally, even)

favorite hot spots:

Fav. Places: Milan, Chicago, Vancouver, Yellowstone, Boston, LA, France, Germany, Big & Little Cottonwood Canyon, and *anywhere* when I'm with my amazing and beautiful friends (I'm not setting you up, don't get any ideas :P)

favorite things:

I love kisses, organic salsa, listening to the radio too loud in my Jetta, rain on hot days, glutamine, laughing until my cheeks hurt, sleeping after a long hot shower, eating cereal at 4 a.m. after making love, and email from sexy intellectuals ;)

last read:

mmm.. books :9 Favorites: It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want to Be (Paul Arden), Mists of Avalon, How to Be an Adult in Relationships, Survival of the Prettiest, NY Times (audio), and The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want ;)

Okay - additional info:

"Hey Baby, what's your sign?"

- Taurus (stubborn, sensual, opinionated, honest, compassionate, and typically believes in this horoscope crap :P)

"So, are you old enough to get into a bar?"

- Yup, 32! Bars aren't that cool though ... unless it's the Tavernacle!

"Wanna come to church with me?"

- NO! I'm anti-religion, pro-spirituality :) I love people, philosophy, and faith, but I'm not one to be told what's right for me! I grew up LDS and have dated someone from just about all of the Christian religions and have a strong respect for people who believe what they do - I just don't ;) I've dabbled in atheism, agnosticism, Humanism, Buddhism, and Hinduism. I prefer the non-dogmatic themes! I think all religions have some truth in them and respect them all. But *my* truth comes from the basic idea of the Golden Rule :) (Not, the golden bishop!)

"Wanna join me at the Republican rally?"

- Ugh. No! I am one of the few (and the proud) liberal minded people in Utah :) You would never guess this - by looking at my upbringing (Dad owns a gun store!), little brother goes to BYU, and older brother has a wife who wants 5 kids... but I'm FOR the environement (contrary to Bush), against pharmaceutical companies & lack of health care (contrary to Bush), and also for Women's Rights (ditto). There's a bunch of other stuff.. but this is just all the basic stuff you need to know :)

"Do we need to get a babysitter?"

- Nope :) No kids here!

Please let me know if I seem like someone you'd be interested in meeting :) I'd love to have some friends in Utah! Those non-celiacs just don't understand ;)

- Michelle :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hey - for all of those fabulous Mormon celiac women - I think that my little brother has celiac disease too! He's a very cute guy - 24 years old, blonde, great shape, intelligent, etc. He's also going to BYU and doesn't have a girlfriend! :o

I'm thinking that maybe if he met some clever celiac hottie he'd be more inclined to be tested for celiac disease! Please let me know if you are one and would like to be set up :)

Have a beautiful day!

LqrMan Newbie

You seem like a fun/interesting woman, so it is too bad you live across the country. I am always looking for down to earth people (with a sense of humor) to hang out with. Also, I am not too happy with most of the women my age (approx. 23 yrs old) because they usually do not know what they want. Good luck in your search!

Emme999 Enthusiast

Thanks Rob! Hey, just because you live on the other side of the planet (okay.. country - whatever) doesn't mean we can't be friends :)

Thanks for your sweet response. :) Feel free to keep in touch if you'd like a non-local friend :)

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Hey Michelle~

I'm not quite 18 yet but since I'm 18 in like less then 2 weeks I was given permission to post in here :D

Anytime you are out along the east coast let me know. I would love to hang out with some of the people that I get to know on this board. It's always nice to have friends that can relate to you :D

O yea, and obviously I am responding to this because you said you wanted friends ...no offense but I'll stick with guys for the dating :lol: you already probably knew that though or at least I hope :D

William Dickey, PhD, MD Newbie

Kaiti

And is who is presumably your older sister in the photo also free? ^_^

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

The one in the pic with me(the taller one) is Chelsey. She is one of my really good friends and 22 years old. However, she is married. I have other friends that are free though

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Emme999 Enthusiast
Hey Michelle~

I'm not quite 18 yet but since I'm 18 in like less then 2 weeks I was given permission to post in here :D

Anytime you are out along the east coast let me know. I would love to hang out with some of the people that I get to know on this board. It's always nice to have friends that can relate to you :D

O yea, and obviously I am responding to this because you said you wanted friends ...no offense but I'll stick with guys for the dating :lol: you already probably knew that though or at least I hope :D

Thanks Kaiti!! :)

Thanks for risking whatever you were risking to post in the "overage" forum ;) Where are you anyway (East Coast..? - specifically?)

Oh and BTW - I think you are a lovely girl, but I'm sticking to the hetero thing too ;)

AND - I've currently got a boyfriend, so I'm not really looking for *anyone* besides some quality friends :) Plus, I just wanted other people in SLC (or anywhere in Utah, actually) to know that they aren't alone :)

I've met some great people at the local GIG meetings and am planning a few "Celiac Babes" get togethers, but ... I'm just always looking to meet new people :) I kinda like people ;) Well.. most of the time :P

Have a beautiful day!!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Michelle~

Yep I agree with you completely about the hetero thing but you never know these days so I thought I would specify because I didn't want anyone asuming anything :lol:

Anyway, I'm in Maryland. If I'm ever up your way I'll let ya know B)

I also love to get new people. I'm a people person..so that being said...anyone feel free to email or IM me :D

Wandering Hermit Contributor

Michelle:

I grew up in SLC and am a U of U alumnus (Physics/math). I live in Minnesota now, which I love, but I miss the mountains!

I lived in Sandy from 1977-1984, and then in the Holliday area from '84-'91.

I visit occasionally, as my mom lives in Kearns, so someday perhaps we can hang out!

-Mike

Emme999 Enthusiast

Hey Mike!

Cool! I am a U student also. I was doing the business major, then realized that I really hated (dreaded!) all of my business classes. I'm moving into the Social Work major this fall. This is actually my second turn up at the U. I took about 10 years off and decided to see the world (well, at least a little bit of it ;)) and find out who I am. Not to mention decide what the hell I want to do with my life ;)

When did you graduate? Physic/Math? Wow, pretty impressive stuff! What do you do now?

I would love to meet a fellow Celiac! Be sure and let me know if you're ever coming to town! :)

I now live in Sandy but I grew up in Taylorsville - graduated from Taylorsville High in '91. Did you go to Kearns? When did you graduate?

Anyway - hope to hear from you again! :)

Wandering Hermit Contributor

Michelle:

I graduated from the U in 1990. The I went to grad school at Colorado State. I now work as an engineer in the hard disc drive industry.

As for my whereabouts in SLC when I was there, I lived for a while in Sandy (13th east, 94th south area, to be specific). My freshman year of HS was at Alta high. Then we moved and my sophmore year was at Cottonwood High. I lived pretty close to the Cottonwood mall. The I dropped out of school and worked for 4 years at the Dee's restaurant across from the mall. Then I snuck into the U of U by virtue of getting a GED. (So I am in a strange class of people that has a Ph.D. but no high school diploma!)

My mom moved to Kearns a while ago, I only lived there during my very last few months of school at the U.

I miss SLC - I can't belive I would ever say that! When I left I was pretty sick of it, but in retrospect it is a great place. I have driven up Big Cottonwood so many times (I love to fish) that I could probably still do it with my eyes closed! I have not been there since the fall before the Olympics and the roads were a disaster.

Emme999 Enthusiast

Mike -

Wow. PhD with no HS diploma, that's something to brag about ;) That alone makes a person infinitely more interesting!

I lived in Taylorsville until I was about 20. I'm now living in Pepperwood (about 110th S. & 23rd E.) in mom & dad's big house while I go to school. It's odd - but free. And fortunately they gave up the idea of having a "nice LDS daughter" a long time ago when I ran away to Italy to live with some guy I met online. That little fantasy romance didn't last too long - but at least it cut the strings!

I think I understand how you can miss Utah. The culture (or lack thereof) here is pretty limited if you aren't LDS, but that's slowly changing. Might be like a real town someday ;) That or it will swing back and the Mormons will take over the state (already happening downtown! Yikes!!)

The mountains are so beautiful though... I don't know how I could live without them. I drive up the canyons often. My house is somewhere between Big & Little Cottonwood so I have easy access to both. I also take frequent trips to Park City, where I have many happy memories. (I lived there for a while too.) It kind of makes my heart ache to think about ever being far from the mountains. How can you stay away so long?

Are you coming back for the Utah GIG conference next year? Should be cool!

• 1 month later...
Canadian Karen Community Regular

Hey, Michelle, I'm really feeling old and "out of the loop",........

What does LDS stand for?

At first reading, I thought: "What??? They want an LSD daughter??????" :lol:

Karen

• 6 months later...
MallysMama Explorer
Hey, Michelle, I'm really feeling old and "out of the loop",........

What does LDS stand for?

At first reading, I thought: "What??? They want an LSD daughter??????" :lol:

Karen

Karen,

This response is really late, I know - but if you are still posting in this site then maybe you'll read this! You are not "old and out of the loop".... LDS has nothing to do with the age gap. LDS stands for Latter-Day Saint a.k.a. "Mormon". It's a church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There are more than 11 million members of this church world wide.....though it may seem like a huge portion of them are in Utah - most of the 11 million members do not even live in the United States now. I live in Las Vegas now, but I have lived in Utah most of my life! Great place to grow up! If you ever go to Salt Lake City - visit "Temple Square"....ask anyone and they'll tell you how to get there! :)

Archived