Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oceangirl

Absolutely Safe Probiotic?

Hi everyone and super sensitives specifically:

Could you please tell me an absolutely trusted widely available (whole foods, maybe?) probiotic? (no soy,no gluten) I am taking a heavy duty antibiotic much to my dismay (Augmentin) and want to beef up my intestines beyond daily yogurt. I know this has been on here before, so, sorry, but any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi everyone and super sensitives specifically:

Could you please tell me an absolutely trusted widely available (whole foods, maybe?) probiotic? (no soy,no gluten) I am taking a heavy duty antibiotic much to my dismay (Augmentin) and want to beef up my intestines beyond daily yogurt. I know this has been on here before, so, sorry, but any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

lisa

I have diagnosed celiac disease (gluten intolerance)and 6 other delayed reaction (IgG mediated) food allergies (dairy, soy, eggs, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg). So I take Custom Probiotics Adult CP-1 formula which is free of all my allergies. Those capsules each contain 50 billion live cells of freeze dried probiotic bacteria. I order those online. If you're interested, pm me for more info.

SUE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

I've been taking Renew Life Ultimate Flora and it worked well for me. The Renew Life bottle says it is gluten-free but may contain traces of soy or dairy from the fermentation process so that one depends on how soy-sensitive you are. I've also used Threelac, but the bacterial strains in it are a little controversial. It is gluten-free and soy-free but it's kind of expensive compared to the Renew Life.

Oh, to PM click the person's name to the left at the top of the post. On their profile in the left-hand column there is a link to send a private message.