Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jststric

Natural Gas Connection?

I may be putting this in the wrong forum, and if so, I apologize. But just read something I'm curious about. I was smelling a strong whiff of natural gas. I get quite paranoid about stuff like this and my husband is out of town today. So I go online to google symptoms of a gas leak, so I'll know when I start feeling sick. I found an article by someone claiming a whole family suffering all kinds of symptoms for 4 yrs. These symptoms are a laundry list that sounds just like this forum! They found out they had a slow leak and all the symptoms were due to gas poisoning! Has anyone heard this before or know anything about it??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I may be putting this in the wrong forum, and if so, I apologize. But just read something I'm curious about. I was smelling a strong whiff of natural gas. I get quite paranoid about stuff like this and my husband is out of town today. So I go online to google symptoms of a gas leak, so I'll know when I start feeling sick. I found an article by someone claiming a whole family suffering all kinds of symptoms for 4 yrs. These symptoms are a laundry list that sounds just like this forum! They found out they had a slow leak and all the symptoms were due to gas poisoning! Has anyone heard this before or know anything about it??

Please call your gas company right away--they will come to check things out. Open a couple of windows while you wait.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

My 20 yr old son came home from classes in the next 30 minutes and by the time he walked around smelling, the smell was gone. Must have been something outside for a time and the rest was my imagination taking over. Thanks for any concern. Still leaves me wondering about any connection tho.

Still, call your gas company and have them check the outside meter and your house. We had a gas leak for 1.5 years because the gas line on our new furnace was leaking. The installer didn't tighten the connection. We couldn't smell the gas (actually the "rotten egg" gas added so you can smell it), but friends could. We called the gas company three times over the 1.5 years; they found gas leaks on outside meters, but didn't check the house. They finally checked the house and sprayed soapy water on the pipe; gas was bubbling out. We didn't have symptoms, probably because of the volume of natural gas relative to air in the house.

Still, call your gas company and have them check the outside meter and your house. We had a gas leak for 1.5 years because the gas line on our new furnace was leaking. The installer didn't tighten the connection. We couldn't smell the gas (actually the "rotten egg" gas added so you can smell it), but friends could. We called the gas company three times over the 1.5 years; they found gas leaks on outside meters, but didn't check the house. They finally checked the house and sprayed soapy water on the pipe; gas was bubbling out. We didn't have symptoms, probably because of the volume of natural gas relative to air in the house.

I agree--in a former house we had a slow gas leak behind the stove. We lived there for months before it was discovered. Better to be safe than sorry.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev