This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Is There A "what Did You Eat Today" Thread?

okieinalaska

okieinalaska Apprentice

I don't know if this is the right section to ask this in but I have been on weight watchers online before and they have threads where folks will post what they had at each meal. I would love to see something like that here if possible? (is it here and I am not seeing it?)

This would be great to get ideas about what to have for different meals and snacks, shopping lists, and also to help motivate myself to stay on track!

So for example my post for today would like this:

Breakfast:

Hashbrown

2 slices of bacon

Snack:

5 gluten free crackers (I would put the brand but I don't remember, didn't like them as they had fennel in them)

laughing cow cheese light

Lunch:

1/2 rice wrap with turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce

1/2 cup Brown tsuru mai rice with a bit of butter

Snack:

1/2 cup Fat free frozen vanilla yogurt

fage? 2% blueberry yogurt

Dinner:

honey rice chex and 2% milk

babybelle gouda cheese

Would anyone else find this helpful?

thank you,

Amy in Alaska

edited to add what else I had today....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

There's this:

GFreeMO Proficient

I think that this is a wonderful idea. The other thread was more of a whats for dinner type of thing.. so we can start a new one.

B - 2 slices Udi bread with butter and Smuckers Strawberry Jam with Twinings English Breakfast tea and OJ

L - Baked chicken, rice and green beans

S - Betty Crocker brownie

D- Progresso Chicken Corn Chowder Soup, small salad and a piece of Gluten-Free banana bread, hot cocoa made with Lactaid milk and Hersheys Cocoa powder with Jet Puffed marshmallows.

Cheryl-C Enthusiast

Good idea!

Breakfast: Honey Chex with skimmed milk

Lunch: gluten-free (homemade) bread, toasted, with light creamed cheese and cucumber slices. Green grapes for dessert.

Snack: Babybel cheese, green grapes, 2 gluten-free sandwich cookies.

Dinner: (haven't had it yet, but here's the plan) Salad: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, cold dinner ham, baby corn, craisins, with gluten-free organic honey dijon dressing. (mmmm... getting hungry over here. Too bad I'm still working!)

missy'smom Collaborator

Me:

B-Oscar Meyer ham slices, bacon, steamed califlower with soy-free Earthbalance spread

L-Costco Kirkland turkey burger patty, steamed carrots, parsnips and califlower with Earthbalance, green beans w/ shallots from Whole Foods counter

D-tilapia fillet w/ garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt and Earthbalance

avacado half drizzled w/ lemon infused olive oil and salt

steamed broccoli w/ goat cheese shavings

maybe some wine, goat cheese and pecans later

DS(12)

B-apple crisp with oaty topping, ham

L-Bagel sandwich w/ Udi's bagel, Oscar Meyer turkey, havarti cheese, lettuce and mayo, berry applesauce

D-homemade chicken and biscuits using gluten-free Bisquick

sb2178 Enthusiast

B: sliced pear, homemade crackers, hot cocoa make with soymilk, cocoa powder, and sugar

L: pea soup with carrots and smoked turkey, more crackers, apple

S: steamed cauliflower and brocooli

D: smoked salmon on cucumber, shrimp cocktail (no sauce), mashed cauliflower, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans with shallots, roasted cornish hen, salad, chocolate covered strawberries, pinot grigio

[Holiday Party at work-- and I could eat everything except the bread and cake/cookies!!!]

cassP Contributor

today was not my best example... i was on the run and having panic attacks....

bfast-> 2 cups coffee with creamer, gluten-free choco cake :blink: (pamelas cake, homemade buttercream coco icing)

**blood sugar drop

snacks- rice crackers with feta cheese & avacado, 1/2 a Nugo gluten-free bar, water

dinner-> 1 1/2 sandwiches (Udi's gluten-free bread, turkey, avacado, mayo, spinach

i usually eat MUCH better, but was a bad & not planned day. if i had REALLY planned, i would have taken some of that cake home with me :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GFinDC Veteran

B Water

L pistachios

D (Just ate) A couple of wraps made with Trader Joes brown rice tortillas, ham, (baked yesterday), lettuce, mayo, salt, and pepper. Some white wine to wash it down. Danged if I ain't still washing it down too.

Pac Apprentice

That's a good idea.

B - 1/2 can of condensed sweetened milk, 1 cup daarjeeling tea (made in sri lanka :lol: ) with full-fat milk

L - glow wine (at christmas market)

D - garbanzo alias chickpea soup

D nr.2 - scrambled egg with 3 lettuce leaves and spicy salsa

not a typical day, went to the university library (60km away from home). I'm affraid this thread will only reveal my bad eating habbit. :ph34r:

okieinalaska Apprentice

I'm affraid this thread will only reveal my bad eating habbit. :ph34r:

Me too, LOL! But it's not about judging, just sharing. : )

I am bummed because I was repacking my lunch this morning and I forgot to put my 2 cuties and an apple back in! Here is the plan:

12/16/10

breakfast

Honey nut chex and 2% milk

Miss merengues (or however you spell it)

Diet coke

snack

fage yogurt 2% strawberry

babybell cheese gouda

Lunch

Santa Fe chicken wrap

Biscoff cookie

Snack

carrots, celerey and brocoli with cowgirl ranch (by Annies?)

babybell cheese

Dinner

?? I don't know yet. My kids and I take jujutsu and I sit through their class and then I have two classes and I won't have time to eat till late. My dd is testing for her orange belt tonight btw!

Amy in AK

edited because I ditched my lunch. Since I still have to eat some gluten I had a wrap instead. I called the endo doc today to beg them if they could move my appointment up. They are going to call me back.

GFreeMO Proficient

Breakfast - woke up feeling blah so I just had hot tea

Lunch - Glutino crackers, Hormel ham, cheese cubes, Layx Stax

S - Skittles

Dinner - Taco salad with McCormick taco seasoning, lettuce, tom, cheese, Pace salsa all over Mission corn chips

S- canned pears

I really need to eat more fruit..I love strawberries too bad they are like 6 bucks for a tiny container right now. :( So for now, canned fruit it is...

CarolinaKip Community Regular

B-boiled egg, coffee with sugar( a once a week treat!) and a bottle of water

L- green grapes, boiled cabbage, sweet onion with cauliflower.bottle water

S-half a turkey patty homemade with herbs, mango slices.... more water

Vitamins!

D-white fish with dill and lemon, green beans, mushrooms with onions...glass of white wine

S-applesauce

Emilushka Contributor

B - Lara bar, banana, cashews

L - 1/2 peanut butter sandwich on rice almond bread, rugelach, salmon cup

S - finished the cashews from breakfast

D - beef stew with carrots and potatoes, dried mango slices, glass of wine

ETA: mangoes!

Skylark Collaborator

B - Coffee. I pretty much skipped breakfast, as I often do. I tossed a pot roast into the crockpot before I left for work and did end up nibbling a few of the carrots I put in with it.

L - Homemade frozen lentil and cabbage soup, carrots, raw broccoli

S - cup of plain yogurt

D - Pot roast, half a potato, steamed broccoli, some Greek olives

Emilushka Contributor

B - coffee with soy milk, Lara bar

L - banana, small box of raisins, 2 rugelach, 2 cups of salmon

S - small handful cashews (salted, roasted, YUM)

D - red quinoa cooked in low-sodium veggie broth with steamed veggies (mix of frozen) and garlic in soy sauce, veggie broth, and hot pepper flakes, can of tuna added at the end, ate about 1/3 the whole thing so LEFTOVERS!

Probable S - Veggie Straws

okieinalaska Apprentice

Cocoa Pebbles and 2% milk (I saw where cocoa pebbles is listed as gluten free and then saw where it was suspect, can anyone tell me if it's ok?)

Diet coke

little cutie orange

very small apple

miss meringues

mini butterfinger

Lunch was the Christmas potluck at work. I blew it knowing this was my last potluck like this.

Turkey with gravy

ham

couple of bites of stuffing

rice

1 bite corn casserole

1 bite green bean casserole

2 jalapeno meatballs (made with bisquick I found out later, bizarre but good)

3 cookies

Punch

Dinner

Still a ways to dinner but probaly will have just cereal (honey nut chex) or something easy after that lunch.

• 3 weeks later...
thleensd Enthusiast

This is a great idea! Hopefully some more people will add in. I'm always looking for good food ideas.

B-Egg, Apple juice

S-Fruit/yogurt smoothie, cheese, bacon

L-Home made veggie soup, celery with almond butter, shepherd's pie (beef)

S-More cheese and apple juice

D-Pork chop, baked potato, honeydew melon

Later I'll probably snack on some Boulder Potato chips (YUM!) with some sour cream dip

Fire Fairy Enthusiast

I love this idea. :)

Yesterday

Breakfast-12 oz V8 juice

Coffee

Peanut Butter and Blackberry Jam on Udi's Bread

Lunch- 1cup coconut milk

Banana

and a serving of Glutino Pretzels

Snack- Orange

Cranberry Kind bar

Dinner- Jimmy Dean Bacon Scramble

Dessert- 1 Dr Lucy's Sugar Cookie

Today

Breakfast-Coffee

Banana

1cup Almond milk

Coffee

Lunch- 1 serving corn chips (used like crackers)

about 2 cups homemade soup made up of zucchini, mushrooms, green bell pepper, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, quiona, broccoli, and vegetable broth.

Snack Orange

Dinner- More soup. Probably will just be 1 cup for dinner.

RideAllWays Enthusiast

I love checking this and getting ideas!

Yesterday:

B-Apple sauce

S-Glutino Oreo

L-can of pineapple

D- Chili

Not a great day, but not too bad..

Today:

B-sesame rice crackers with peanut butter, a cup of orange juice

S- small bowl of left-over chili, small coffee

L- BLT sandwich on Udi's

D-Ribs and broccoli

Alison R Rookie

Hmm, this has me thinking I should do food journal to keep myself on track....especially while starting gluten free.

Yesterday

B: 2 slices of french toast made with Udi's bread and topped with 1/4 cup of plain low fat yogurt and 1 TBL pure maple syrup mixed in and a cup or so of blackberries and strawberries

L: leftover homemade turkey and black bean chili with a small salad

S: 1/3 c of dried fruit and seed trail mix

D: Homemade pizza with gluten-free crust, pepperoni and jalapenos.

Late night munchies: a hand full of sour patch kids

I started the day out healthy, but by the end my inner junk food junkie was coming out. :)

This morning:

B: making a smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt and a little bit of fruit juice and packing

S: celery sticks and laughing cow cheese

L: Southwest Chicken salad with chicken, avocado, peppers, etc

I feel great and can't believe I've lost 6 pounds this week eating like this. :)

Emilushka Contributor

Yesterday:

B - coffee with soy milk, Lara bar

S - banana

L - leftover steak fried rice

D - roast beef sandwich on Katz gluten-free/CF roll

S - blue corn chips with black bean and corn salsa

Looking back over that I'm reminded AGAIN (as I was at dinner time) that I didn't eat any veggies, unless you're counting salsa and the sprinkled veggies in the fried rice. Sad. I will have to do better with that today.

Jestgar Rising Star

B Eggs scrambled with turnip greens and peas over a bowl of mixed greens. Raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

S Bowl of veggie soup

L Carrots and celery sticks. ~2 oz of almonds, ~ 2 oz cashews

S Bowl of lentil soup

D Bowl of bean soup with ham

Dessert Rice cakes with the scraps of peanut butter left in the jar and grape jelly

missy'smom Collaborator

I'll play along. :)

Yesterday:

Kiddo:

B-toast and ham

L-italian meatballs and brown rice penne in a thermos, parmesan cheese on the side and a mozzarella stick(friends at school somtimes give DS their apple/applesauce etc. from cafeteria lunch)

D-meatloaf w/sweet and sour tomato glaze, betty crocker instant mashed potatoes, frozen peas and carrots

Me:

B-ham, bacon,steamed califlower w/ Earthbalance

L-Kirkland turkey burger patty(no bun), steamed brussel sprouts w/ bacon crumbles, red cabbage sauteed w/ red onions, low-carb flax bread slice

D-ground beef sauteed w/ onions and cabbage, thyme, salt, pepper garlic powder, steamed carrots, low-carb flax bread slice

Skylark Collaborator

B - gluten-free oatmeal, plain yogurt, berries

L - Leftovers from dinner because I made extra to take to work. Chicken cacciatore, half an acorn squash, kale

S - a little cheddar cheese, banana

D - Went out to eat at Chipotle, had a barbacoa salad. Yum!

jerseyangel Proficient

Yesterday--

B--Greek yogurt (Fage 0%) with a banana and half a Lara bar chopped up in it

L--Salad with lowfat cheese, olive oil and vinegar

S--Wegmans potato chips, some Junior Mints, tea (not all at once)

D--Leftover homemade mac and cheese

S--A little Greek yogurt with maple syrup and cinnamon

Archived