This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Skin Problems And Cd

SadiesMomma

SadiesMomma Apprentice

I dont really know what i can and Cannot have when it comes to body care supplies. I mainly try to keep away from things that dont have any dairy or wheats in them but really I have no idea what has what in it. Is there a list somewhere?

I have some skin issues but I do not think it is terribly severe most of the time, but I have my days where i do noting but struggle fighting the urge to scratch it etc. I itch like crazy and have bumps but its not severe as in bleeding or what not. My daughter has it as well.. Should I test her for celiac disease. The doc looked at it a few years back and said it looked like exzema but that was before I knew I had celiac disease. He prescribed her with a creme. I dont use anything on mine though... Should I?

When it get into the tub it hurts where the water touches... almost stings like needles.. and itches everywhere else. Is this normal? I hate shaving because my legs break out in rashes that are terribly itchy even when i use the most expensive razors...... and when i put on clean clothes I itch as well, espically on my elbows and knees.... Is that normal?

Whats wrong with me!??! Is this all normal? Should I do something about it? :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

nicolespeanut Rookie

I too get this reaction with water as well as from shaving. Do you get it in the ocean? My skin really reacts to the salt water. I am usually itchy after a shower. I am trying a rice protein soap (no wheat or gluten)-- it is actually a shampoo but I have been using it as a soap too and I haven't been itchy the last few showers. The other night I used gillette shaving gel and a new blade along with only the rice shampoo. All was ok. I did not use cream no matter how much my skin needs it. I think usually when I shave I get soap on my legs that must contain something in it that bothers me. I have yet to find a cream that will soothe it, most make it worse. I get itchy bumps and everywhere I scratch the lines are red and raised. Lovely. I have been told the causes are Dermatic Graphism, seborreah (spelling?), linear iga bullous dermatosis (blistering disease), foliculitis, hypothyroidism (this can make your skin dry and itchy I am told) etc. I do not take meds for any of these "conditions" as I am trying to find a natural way to combat the itch. It was so awful a month after my first baby was born I thought I would scratch my skin off-- 6 years and two more babies-- I am still searching for a cure. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

SadiesMomma Apprentice

Went to the doc today.... Didnt say much other than the skin rashs are all over so its probably an allergy to something. Possibly just the weather she says. I say shes nuts. I have been like this all winter and last summer as well. Its not the weather change. Uuuugh. She says just to put some eucerin creme on it and that'll help. HELLO I ALREADY DO! lol. And she prescribed me some benedryl sorta thing for the allergies thinking that may help. Whatever?

This make sense?

nicolespeanut Rookie

I forgot to mention the change of weather thing-- I've gotten that one too. It is really dry in my house but I still get it in the humidity. I also have it all year round. I don't think it is the weather. Perhaps a chemical sensitivity. People tell me to use Dove but that makes me itch like mad. Who knows? I'll let you know how this rice protein shampoo goes.

SadiesMomma Apprentice

Please do because I could use anything to stop this itching. Most soaps irritate so if this is gross im sorry but I dont use it except on my privates. Otherwise I just break out and feel yucky. I just try to use water and wash myself down at least once a day. Also I wash my hair and let the shampooey (lol) water run down me to that helps a little. Maybe it sounds gross but I dont stink and I get better results.

nicolespeanut Rookie

I do the same thing! I never (unless absolutely necessary) scrub my skin with soap. Usually just the necessary areas. The shampoo is really nice. When I get a second I will post the name.

Guest pear_fairy

Hey ladies i find only soaps I can use weithout itching is dove white or sensitive skin, and any of the bath n body works shower gels! Now shave creams forget it! I have tried them all and all give me itchy bumps all up and down legs and I have itched those until I have bled in my sleep ack! I use the bath n body works gel on my legs and newest thing I have been using is my daughters gerber or johnsons baby washes! I read somewhere else on here that celiacs should not cause you unable to use wheat/gluten containing shampoo, soaps,lotions so may be something else in them causing the itchies. Although who knows there are different severities correct?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived