• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rowena

Does Anyone Have This Problem?

Rate this topic

So since I lost so much weight so fast, I have an insane number of stretch marks. And they are EVERYWHERE!!!! My head, my neck, my shoulders, my stomach, my legs, (places I won't name as well) hell I probably could find some on my feet. And I do not like them, Sam I am. (Oh wait, that's Green Eggs and Ham... Oh well.) And I know I will just keep finding more.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get rid of them? Or am I gonna have to deal with this uglyness forever? I'd rather not have to, especially since the weight I gained was not my fault, but rather the fault of a miscarry and then a series of misdiagnoses.

I have a bunch of stretch marks from going from 0 to puberty in one summer. Hips and boobs. Over time (think a year or two or three), they will fade such that you can barely see them - and other people will be able to see them even less than you can. They won't ever disappear completely, and there is nothing that has any evidence behind it for helping to clear them away as long as you are eating healthy and staying well hydrated.

As far as I know, the only recent study-proven help for any kind of scar is Essential Oil of Rose--it's expensive, though, and some people are sensitive to it. However, if you are interested in improving your skin's health and elasticity (and, hopefully, help those scars fade), there is a program by Carole Maggio called Knuckle Massage, where you use your knuckles and oil on your body to reduce cellulite. I know people (including myself) who have been helped by this routine, and one of the benefits is that the skin becomes tighter and healthier looking after you do it for a while. I'm not trying to push this system, but since you seem genuinely interested in finding something that might help you, I can highly recommend it.

I know this is an older thread but BIO oil is great 3 times a day give a little massage to every part of your body with the stretch marks and they will fade to almost nothing within about 6 months.