This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Muffins For My Picky Eater

Kelleybean

Kelleybean Enthusiast

I played with a muffin recipe from one of my cookbooks and was able to sneak in some meat/veggies (both of which my very picky toddler tends to refuse). Followed the package directions from the Namaste muffin mix, added 1/2 cup applesauce, about 1/2 c pureed chicken (I cheated and used baby food), a jar of sweet potato baby food and a jar of carrots. Baked at 375 for about 18 minutes or so.

He ate 2 of them for breakfast. Thought I'd share in case anyone else has a picky toddler and jars of baby food still around.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

Without the chicken, these sound like something I would eat. Lots o' veggies! Did you change the other dry or wet ingredients at all?

Kelleybean Enthusiast

Without the chicken, these sound like something I would eat. Lots o' veggies! Did you change the other dry or wet ingredients at all?

No, just added them to the prepared muffin mix. Yeah the chicken is a little weird although he didn't notice. He hates the texture of meat.

Mizzo Enthusiast

There are black bean brownie recipes out there also(Weight watchers had one) maybe you can find a gluten-free version also. If he needs protein.

Kelleybean Enthusiast

There are black bean brownie recipes out there also(Weight watchers had one) maybe you can find a gluten-free version also. If he needs protein.

I've never tried this with gluten free brownie mix, but I've done a simplified version w/ regular. Rinsed a can of black beans in the can then filled with enough water to cover, then pureed it all in the blender. Added it to dry brownie mix and baked as usual. No other ingredients. It was great - you'd never guess that it had black beans in it. Maybe I'll give it a try with the Betty Crocker brownie mix, although it seems like a lot of the gluten-free mixes require that you add way more oil than regular so the lack of added fat might be an issue.

MacieMay Explorer

I played with a muffin recipe from one of my cookbooks and was able to sneak in some meat/veggies (both of which my very picky toddler tends to refuse). Followed the package directions from the Namaste muffin mix, added 1/2 cup applesauce, about 1/2 c pureed chicken (I cheated and used baby food), a jar of sweet potato baby food and a jar of carrots. Baked at 375 for about 18 minutes or so.

He ate 2 of them for breakfast. Thought I'd share in case anyone else has a picky toddler and jars of baby food still around.

Is Namaste a gluten-free muffin mix? I've never heard of it. My daughter is pretty picky and has been terrible lately. I'm not sure I could get her to eat a muffin, no matter what it taste like. Did you try it?

Kelleybean Enthusiast

Is Namaste a gluten-free muffin mix? I've never heard of it. My daughter is pretty picky and has been terrible lately. I'm not sure I could get her to eat a muffin, no matter what it taste like. Did you try it?

Yes, Namaste makes a gluten-free muffin mix. I'm sure it doesn't have to be that brand, that's just what my store had. I didn't try it, but my (gluten eating) husband did and he liked it. Although he'll eat anything so that may not be the best barometer :D . I'm just glad to have something to add to the list of things my kid will eat!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

This first recipe looks like one I saw on Good Morning America, I haven't tried it.

Open Original Shared Link

This one has bananas added:

Open Original Shared Link

This must be the one from GMA:

Open Original Shared Link bean brownies&criteria=&page=1

Roda Rising Star

Here is a link to the black bean brownie thread. It tastes wonderful and I have my coworkers ask me for it. They can't believe it is made out of beans..no flour at all. I have used various things for sweetner: sugar, splenda, erythritol/stevia and truvia. Like the regular sugar and truvia the best.

sa1937 Community Regular

My daughter has made these flourless black bean brownies and said they're really good. I haven't tried them yet. Open Original Shared Link

Archived