Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mizzo

Udi's Bagels Are More Than A Bagel

Many of you have probably tried the new Udi's bagels if not, you must.

My girls doesn't eat it a s a bagel but loves them as other bread/sandwich platforms.

Slice one half (horizontally) in half again (they are really big) and 1 bagel becomes 2 burger buns or sandwich rolls. It doesn't matter about there being no crust on one side they are good anyway.

Cut bagel in half (crescent moon shaped) I scoop a tiny bit of the bread out and it becomes a hot dog roll or egg salad, crab salad etc..

Any other idea's?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was a little disappointed in the Udi's bagels that I was thrilled to find in a health food store. They didn't have any of the density I expected in a bagel but were more like a toasted roll. I've made the bagel variation w/ Pamela's bread mix and found them much closer to the density/texture I remember. Will that stop me from eating them?? NOPE!!

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

Many of you have probably tried the new Udi's bagels if not, you must.

My girls doesn't eat it a s a bagel but loves them as other bread/sandwich platforms.

Slice one half (horizontally) in half again (they are really big) and 1 bagel becomes 2 burger buns or sandwich rolls. It doesn't matter about there being no crust on one side they are good anyway.

Cut bagel in half (crescent moon shaped) I scoop a tiny bit of the bread out and it becomes a hot dog roll or egg salad, crab salad etc..

Any other idea's?

My son loves these. We just do the basic cream cheese or peanut butter, but you could also use it to make mini pizzas.