Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waitingdorothea

Lexington, Ky / Surrounding Area

My husband and I are traveling to Lexington, KY for a weekend getaway in a week and a half. Can anyone recommend any restaurants? I found the local gluten-free support group's website, which has some suggestions, but I'd love to hear any personal recommendations. We are staying out by the airport / university at a Starwood property, and will be spending at least one day driving around touring whiskey makers, so suggestions for the surrounding areas would also be appreciated. Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Louisville also has a website.

http://www.glutenfreelouisville.org/LocalRestaurants2007-AThruB.html

With either Lexington or Louisville, you are welcome to contact the group's officers, web manager etc. I contacted Lexington once and got a helpful response.

We've eaten at Carrino's in Lexington several times, always a safe meal but a little inconsistant with the flavor etc.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies