Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

divamomma

Biopsy Results

I spoke with the GI nurse today. My daughter's biopsy was positive for celiac disease. Completely flattened villi, Marsh 3. Thank you to everyone for all the help so far. You have all been very supportive and informative. I guess I am here to stay!!

Mommy to 2 Divas in Training

~6 yr old daughter positive Celiac blood test December 2010 (at age 4)~

~Positive Biopsy January 10, 2011~

~Gluten Free since January 11, 2011~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I hope she is doing better real soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

So glad to hear you have some answers!I'm sure the news gave you mixed emotions but now you can move forward and just focus on getting your daughter healthy and happy!

Proud breastfeeding, toddlerwearing, part time cosleeping, stay at home mom. Positive for two copies of DQ8, negative celiac panel after 3 month gluten challenge; biopsy showed gastritis, inflammation in the esophagus, and hiatial hernia but no signs of celiac. Possible DH. Gluten free as of 3/11/2011

ODD 3 1/2, positive for DQ8 and DQ6, negative celiac panel after 3 month gluten challenge. Gluten free as of 3/10/2011

YDD 2, no testing. Positive for DQ8 and DQ6. Possible DH. Gluten free as of 3/10/2011