Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SaraKat

Question About Follow Up Blood Test

Hi-

I was dx'd in August and my levels were really high. I have to get my follow up blood test next week and I have a question-

I have been pretty strict with my diet, but I do know of 4 definite glutenings and I think over XMAS some of the chocolate I was eating had gluten (since I had some pain). My question is: if you are gluten-free for 6 months and have had a few mess ups will your levels still come down? I would think even with the mess ups my levels should be much lower since I have pretty much not had any gluten that I know of.

Thanks,

Sara

Positive TTG IGA blood test 8/13/10

Endoscopy confirmed 8/31/10

Started gluten-free diet 9/1/10

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think they should be lower but it can take time to get into the 'normal' range. So don't be disappointed in the tests are not completely negative.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Yeah, when I Requested to get tested I had been gluten-free for a month just to try it and started eating gluten again during the holidays. My doctor said it was fine (got tested beginning of January) because I was eating gluten almost everyday for 6weeks. That was enough time for Tge antibodies to "buildup" or whatever. So I'm pretty sure a few mishaps won't effect you're hard work =)