divamomma

Gluten Free In Anaheim

Rate this topic

I know there are quite a few gluten-free options within Disneyland (YAY!) But what about outside of the park? We are planning on staying at a hotel with a fridge in the room. What local grocery stores are there? Do they have gluten free products or will I need to go to a specialty store?? Travel seems daunting right now but my family really needs a vaction! We will be taking our first family trip to Disneyland and our first trip with the celiac diagnosis.

I'm curious too - will be going there in July for a conference. Haven't started researching yet but any info is helpful !!!

There is a PF Changs right by Disney that is great for gluten-free food. Google them to see the menu. You can do map quest of your hotel address and then ask for grocery stores. also, ask the hotel. They can tell you what is close, too. I brought my own loaf a bread. I got Hormel cold cuts, kraft cheese slices, PB & Jelly, yogurt & fruit at the grocery. There might be a Whole Foods near by, I don't remember. We were only there about 4 days. I ate at PF Changs twice for dinner. Ate at Disney and ate my own stuff the rest of the time. We had a car but it is easy to walk around the area near Disneyland. Most of the gas station 7/11 or Quick Trip places have packets of nuts (just read the ingredients)or chips.

There's a great place close by where we've been to gluten free girls night out :D It's called Amazon Churascaria. Brazilian food. Meat on a stick. What could be better? You can even have the BREAD!! It's yucca bread, kinda like Chebe rolls. It's on the corner of Anaheim Blvd and Lemon. YUMMY. All the meats are gluten free and most of the hot dishes are safe too.

There's a Henry's Marketplace on the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe that has lots of gluten free foods. There's a Red Robin and Outback steakhouse on Harbor just north of the park that have gluten free menus. Morton's Steakhouse is also right there on Harbor for a nice night out.

I work in Anaheim, so there are lots of places to go!

Enjoy!

Guest VictoriaHoke

I know there are quite a few gluten-free options within Disneyland (YAY!) But what about outside of the park? We are planning on staying at a hotel with a fridge in the room. What local grocery stores are there? Do they have gluten free products or will I need to go to a specialty store?? Travel seems daunting right now but my family really needs a vaction! We will be taking our first family trip to Disneyland and our first trip with the celiac diagnosis.

I work for a gluten-free retail product line and there some great stores in and around Anaheim with plenty of gluten-free options. My favorite is Mother's Market. There are 6 around the county with one not far from Disneyland, several with restaurants and cafe's inside them. They have extensive gluten-free lines. Good luck!