Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfchicka

Kroger Foods - Great Customer Service When Called About Seasonal Candies

Today I called the Kroger 1-800 # to inquire about the gluten-free status of some of their seasonal candies. (for those of you not familiar with Kroger - it is the generic brand found at Smith's Grocery Stores).

I was so pleased with their customer service!!! All you need is the UPC code from the back of the product you are asking about - and they look it up in their system - AND THEY CONTACT THEIR ON STAFF DIETICIAN TO CONFIRM THE GLUTEN STATUS!!! It was so reassuring to know that someone was looking at it - that you KNOW understands what "gluten" is!

By the way - their Cinnamon Jelly Hearts are indeed gluten free.

Here's the phone # (just make sure you have the UPC code when you call). 1-800-576-4377

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wanted to add something good too. I had called about Kroger ground beef, because the people at the store did not know what the added ingredient was :angry: , the very nice lady put me on hold to speak to the dietician and told me they added rosemary oil and it was gluten-free. :)

Started on this journey w/ my 9 yr old son after a bout w/ the flu in the fall of 2009.

2 neg celiac blood tests, mine was also neg. No endo done. Son had x-ray, showing severe constipation. Son has latex allergy. KP for both of us.

Long family history of bowel problems, auto-immune and all sorts of cancers. My G-mother informed me that she was put on a gluten free diet after she had my mom (1950's), of course she stopped when she felt better. She has had problems ever since I can remember.

So here we are! I do have my son's Dr to thank for even bringing up celiac! Thank You Dr.B!

My adult daughter also has been helped by eating gluten-free.