AerinA

Contamination Symptoms

Rate this topic

Hi everyone :)

I was just wondering what some of you all experience when you get glutened.

I've been gluten free a month now, and I'm not sure if that's long enough to be able to tell when I've been contaminated, but I feel so much better now that I think it's likely I'll feel different if I eat gluten. Not sure how sensitive I am, either. Is there a good way to "test" how sensitive I am and find out what symptoms I have without intentionally eating gluten? And how long do I have to be on the diet before I will be able to tell?

I've had some very strange stomach cramps in the last two weeks, almost like period cramps but in my guts, I'm not sure if it's adjusting, healing, or just confused--or whether that's a sign I've eaten wheat by accident. Would really help me know what I have to do to avoid gluten if I could tell when I'd eaten it.

Thanks in advance!

I have to update this... I'm pretty sure I got contaminated pretty hard at some point over the last few days. I've been having bouts of extreme stomach pain, it seems like my guts are clamping or something, it's extremely painful, and there is a really sharp cramp that I get to the right of the middle of my lower abdomen (if that makes sense.) Sometimes it sort of spasms and sends shocks all the way up my lower back toward my kidneys. Last night I ended up on the couch unable to move for about an hour... I feel better this morning but I can feel that it's still "there." Is this what happens when you get cc? I'm terrified there's something in my diet that has gluten that I don't know about, might have been my latte even... anybody feel like this? Know how much cc it would take to cause this? (I don't think I could possibly have gotten much,) or know how long this will take to go away? Or how long ago I would have gotten cc'd before the symptoms start?

Help please :(

My symptom happens a few days later and it is a really sharp pain under the left ribcage and sometimes it will wrap around to the side and back. The last time it happened I had been eating Hershey's mini candy bars (maybe 5 a day for a week straight). I thought they were gluten-free and they weren't. It took about a month to have that left sided pain go away again.

As far as lattes go- I do order them from Starbucks occasionally and have never had a problem.

I have to update this... I'm pretty sure I got contaminated pretty hard at some point over the last few days. I've been having bouts of extreme stomach pain, it seems like my guts are clamping or something, it's extremely painful, and there is a really sharp cramp that I get to the right of the middle of my lower abdomen (if that makes sense.) Sometimes it sort of spasms and sends shocks all the way up my lower back toward my kidneys. Last night I ended up on the couch unable to move for about an hour... I feel better this morning but I can feel that it's still "there." Is this what happens when you get cc? I'm terrified there's something in my diet that has gluten that I don't know about, might have been my latte even... anybody feel like this? Know how much cc it would take to cause this? (I don't think I could possibly have gotten much,) or know how long this will take to go away? Or how long ago I would have gotten cc'd before the symptoms start?

Help please :(

Hi! I too am only gluten-free for a short time and I wondered this too. Your symptoms sound exactly like what I get if I get a little bit of gluten! What I find odd is that it seems to affect me so much more now that I have been gluten free! This is a very frustrating time for us to be sure! Sometimes I dont want to eat ANYTHING at all for fear that cramping will come back! T

I get lattes from Caribou all the time, their syrups are gluten free... last night I ordered a caramel high rise, which has caramel SAUCE on it (sometimes). I didn't notice whether they had put the drizzle on this time or not, but I hadn't even thought about it. I've heard a lot of people have delayed reactions and I have NO idea what could have done this if it wasn't that latte... which is pretty frightening. I have considered it might have been multiple exposures, since I had some problems the day before yesterday, but it intensified last night. I'm afraid to eat :(

Hi! I too am only gluten-free for a short time and I wondered this too. Your symptoms sound exactly like what I get if I get a little bit of gluten! What I find odd is that it seems to affect me so much more now that I have been gluten free! This is a very frustrating time for us to be sure! Sometimes I dont want to eat ANYTHING at all for fear that cramping will come back! T

I'm so glad it's not just me, I really thought I was going to have to go to the hospital, except it started feeling a LITTLE better so I figured I probably wasn't dying, haha. I knew I'd get more sensitive but holy cow... did not expect that violent of a reaction. I figured that had to be it because I've never felt that kind of pain before.

One other thing I thought of though, I bought some trader joe's stuff with the G symbol on it, but one of the things says something about manufactured in a facility that processes wheat products... but that they use good manufacturing procedures... does anybody know whether this stuff is safe? I mean... I was told anything with the G was okay, but this sounds really sketchy to me. Maybe I accidentally ate something like that without noticing?

I'm so glad you guys are posting about this! I was about to post something very similar. I have also been gluten-free for about a month and have problems here and there. I think I'm eating gluten-free but maybe I ate something with gluten and didn't know? Last night I felt terrible and today I feel a little better but just sort of blah and tired. I thought it was maybe something I had eaten at lunch yesterday afternoon.