1 1
jelina

Lactose-Free Domperidone?

Rate this topic

Yes, I know that lactose is not gluten, but is anyone familiar with the ingredients of generic versions of domperidone? I was wondering if anyone found a lactose-free version of domperidone in perhaps a quest to find out whether there was gluten. I know that Motilium has lactose.

Thanks!

some compounding pharmacies can get you domperidone, and they can formulate it without lactose. you may have to call around and have it shipped, however.

Great, thank you so much! (Sorry for the late reply!:)

I was just looking into this today for myself! Apo-domperidone is gluten- and lactose-free. Not sure if it's available to you or not - I'm in Canada.

• Upvote 1

Awesome! Yeah, I had not found one yet. Thanks!

Just curious if this med is available in the US? I could be wrong on this but I believe I was just reading that it can be used in the treatment of gastroparesis which I have. But that the FDA is looking into it and at present it is not available here. Or maybe I am confusing it with another med?

• Upvote 1

Just curious if this med is available in the US? I could be wrong on this but I believe I was just reading that it can be used in the treatment of gastroparesis which I have. But that the FDA is looking into it and at present it is not available here. Or maybe I am confusing it with another med?

Hello Juliebove. I'm newly diagnosed with celiac disease, but have been taking domperidone since I was diagnosed with gastroparesis last November. It is not approved in the US so I have to order from Canada, but get a prescription from my GI doctor. I like domperidone because it has less serious side effects than the other gastroparesis meds currently on the market in the US. You should look into this as an option for your gastroparesis.

Good luck!

• Upvote 1

On 26.10.2011. at 3:38 AM, ebetta said:

Hello Juliebove. I'm newly diagnosed with celiac disease, but have been taking domperidone since I was diagnosed with gastroparesis last November. It is not approved in the US so I have to order from Canada, but get a prescription from my GI doctor. I like domperidone because it has less serious side effects than the other gastroparesis meds currently on the market in the US. You should look into this as an option for your gastroparesis.

Good luck!

Hello ebetta! Can you tell me have you found any other or even better drugs to help you with gastroparesis? 

21 minutes ago, Mladen said:

Hello ebetta! Can you tell me have you found any other or even better drugs to help you with gastroparesis? 

Ebetta posted this 6 years ago ... not sure she/he will respond