Heidiho

Gaining Weight

Rate this topic

It took me a long time to properly get diagnose with celiac and gluten clearly took a toll on my body, went from a size eight to a zero. Does anyone know of high calorie energy bars that are gluten free with low sugar. I am eating larabars now but need more calories as I am a subcontractor and am travelling and eating in my car often. Working with a nutritionsist but need more calories! Thank you!

It took me a long time to properly get diagnose with celiac and gluten clearly took a toll on my body, went from a size eight to a zero. Does anyone know of high calorie energy bars that are gluten free with low sugar. I am eating larabars now but need more calories as I am a subcontractor and am travelling and eating in my car often. Working with a nutritionsist but need more calories! Thank you!

If you're looking to put on weight, you need to make protein a priority BEFORE calories. Plenty of options there (lean meats, greek yogurt, lean lunchmeats, cottage cheese, egg whites, protein powder).

And don't forget the essential good fats that you can get from olive oils and nuts like almonds and almond butter.

If you're looking to put on weight, you need to make protein a priority BEFORE calories. Plenty of options there (lean meats, greek yogurt, lean lunchmeats, cottage cheese, egg whites, protein powder).

And don't forget the essential good fats that you can get from olive oils and nuts like almonds and almond butter.

I too am looking to gain weight, i've lost 35 pounds before the doc told me i had celiac disease, but since I have begun the new diet (ensure, meats, potatoes, peanuts, m&ms...), everything runs right thru me and I don't know why. I am eating healthier now than before but still feel sick all the time. I have even cut out dairy, nobody can seem to help me as I need foods that can stay in my body. Very frustrating.

I too am looking to gain weight, i've lost 35 pounds before the doc told me i had celiac disease, but since I have begun the new diet (ensure, meats, potatoes, peanuts, m&ms...), everything runs right thru me and I don't know why. I am eating healthier now than before but still feel sick all the time. I have even cut out dairy, nobody can seem to help me as I need foods that can stay in my body. Very frustrating.

I think that you should get a blood test and have the doctor run absolutely every angle possible. Have you done that?

I think that you should get a blood test and have the doctor run absolutely every angle possible. Have you done that?

Yes, I have seen a hemotologist and my wbc and plts are down abit but she said not low enough to worry about. I do feel better today and havent gone in a couple days. I have been told my intestines still may be confused about the gluten-free diet, not sure how long before it settles down. Thanks for the concern and response.