alissar

Purel Moisturizing Instant Sanitizer

Rate this topic

I recently began working in a hospital and I am required to use the purel moisturizing instant hand sanitizer before and after leaving each patient's room. I have recently began getting my typical glutened symptoms and I was wondering if anyone knows if these sanitizers are gluten-free. My diet has otherwise remained the same. Thanks!

I recently began working in a hospital and I am required to use the purel moisturizing instant hand sanitizer before and after leaving each patient's room. I have recently began getting my typical glutened symptoms and I was wondering if anyone knows if these sanitizers are gluten-free. My diet has otherwise remained the same. Thanks!

Does it contain tocopherol acetate? Tocopherols are derived from soy and wheat germ oil, I believe. May require some investigation.

I stopped using anything with tocopherols in it because of a problem with soy and then learned about the wheat germ oil. The hand sanitizer made my hands raw!

here's a previous thread on it. Hope it helps!

Does it contain tocopherol acetate? Tocopherols are derived from soy and wheat germ oil, I believe. May require some investigation.

I stopped using anything with tocopherols in it because of a problem with soy and then learned about the wheat germ oil. The hand sanitizer made my hands raw!

here's a previous thread on it. Hope it helps!

Ugh! So much to learn! It seems there's hidden gluten EVERYWHERE! How did you all figure it out? Does anyone have suggestions for comprehensive lists? Thanks!

Ugh! So much to learn! It seems there's hidden gluten EVERYWHERE! How did you all figure it out? Does anyone have suggestions for comprehensive lists? Thanks!

The problem with "comprehensive" lists, is that the manufacturer can change ingredients at any time...

It does seem overwhelming, I know. Do not despair! You'll learn to be a CAREFUL reader of labels and a detective! I did tons of research and asked a lot of questions. I had help from people I know who are celiacs and from the amazingly helpful people on here. Look up "hidden sources of gluten"--google it!- and see what you find. Comprehensive lists do change because ingredients can change. But the BASICS can be found on this site. follow this link;

http://www.celiac.com/articles/182/1/Unsafe-Gluten-Free-Food-List-Unsafe-Ingredients/Page1.html

Hope this helps! :)