NancyL

Ego Search

Rate this topic

I'm new here but not new to bulletin boards. I'm familiar with phpbb and this appears to be an ipb. I'm a web designer so I've installed a lot of phpbb's so my experience comes from that and not ipb. I'm wondering is there a way to do an "Ego Search" (besides watching a topic) so that you can see if there have been responses to your posts or posts that you've contributed to?

For instance in my phpbb forums, I install a mod for "View Own Posts" link at the top, next to "View Recent Posts" etc.... it allows users to quickly find posts that have been replied to that you were personally involved in (whether created or contributed to).

I'm wondering if the ability is already here and I've not noticed it or if it's not, is it something that you can add (and would be willing to consider)?

I'm new here but not new to bulletin boards. I'm familiar with phpbb and this appears to be an ipb. I'm a web designer so I've installed a lot of phpbb's so my experience comes from that and not ipb. I'm wondering is there a way to do an "Ego Search" (besides watching a topic) so that you can see if there have been responses to your posts or posts that you've contributed to?

For instance in my phpbb forums, I install a mod for "View Own Posts" link at the top, next to "View Recent Posts" etc.... it allows users to quickly find posts that have been replied to that you were personally involved in (whether created or contributed to).

I'm wondering if the ability is already here and I've not noticed it or if it's not, is it something that you can add (and would be willing to consider)?

Ummmm... I found it, right after I posted this! Sorry! DOH

Hi Nancy,

I use the view new content link at the top right of the main screen. Then I open each thread I am interested in a new tab in Firefox. Threads I have posted in have a pencil in the thread marker. You can also choose My content from the drop down by your user name at top right of the main screen. That shows only threads You have posted in. Sounds like you already figured this all out, but just in case someone else reads the topic and has the same question.