Rate this topic

Well Glad that I had the Dr run a Vitamin D panel. Results are in and it was almost non-existant. Great. I live in PA and we are in the middle of winter. Said they are sending out a Vit D supplement. Hopefully this dr will remember that lovely list I gave him for my records of the do's and don'ts. Will have to check to make sure there are no fillers that contain gluten.

Well Glad that I had the Dr run a Vitamin D panel. Results are in and it was almost non-existant. Great. I live in PA and we are in the middle of winter. Said they are sending out a Vit D supplement. Hopefully this dr will remember that lovely list I gave him for my records of the do's and don'ts. Will have to check to make sure there are no fillers that contain gluten.

Do your research! They will probably send D2, and D3 is better. good luck

I also live in PA and am more than ready for spring!!!

Bluebonnet make a D3 that's chewable...raspberry flavored and gluten-free. It is yummy! I get it at my local health food store.

I also live in PA and am more than ready for spring!!!

Bluebonnet make a D3 that's chewable...raspberry flavored and gluten-free. It is yummy! I get it at my local health food store.

Thanks for that information...I will look into it. My problem is that I have to take what the VA(Veteran's Administration) Doctors send me. I am a disabled veteran and my only source of medical comes from the VA. I will look up the med when it gets to me. Then I will go from there.

Do your research! They will probably send D2, and D3 is better. good luck

Thank you. I will do some research when I find out what they send. Thanks again for the information.

Also, keep in mind that the recommended daily amount was just raised to 1,000 IUs per day (I think). My doctor says that's still far too low and has me take 5,000 IUs each day. When you're really low, you may have to start off by taking in the upward range of 15,000-30,000 IUs a day (I'd ask your doctor for the recommendation, of course). Always take Vitamin D with calcium for better absorption.

You may want to check out mercola.com and search for Vitamin D...very interesting information on the site.

UPDATE***** Just received the VIT D suppliment...I IS VIT D3 by the name of Cholecalciferol 400 Unit Tabs. I am supposed to take 2 tabs in the morning with a meal. Thank goodness this VA Doctor is on the ball with his research. Most aren't. I guess I should count my lucky stars and blessings that he is. Hopefully this will help. But I also have a question along with med. Do you think it would be ok to use the tanning bed? I was given a membership to a tanning salon. Or is this a no no with being Celiac? Thanks for any and all replies.

Do you think it would be ok to use the tanning bed? I was given a membership to a tanning salon. Or is this a no no with being Celiac? Thanks for any and all replies.

This is a no-no with being human not just being Celiac. Tanning beds are dangerous and bad for you.

• Upvote 1