This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Vitamin D...

SuziQT0322

SuziQT0322 Newbie

Well Glad that I had the Dr run a Vitamin D panel. Results are in and it was almost non-existant. Great. I live in PA and we are in the middle of winter. Said they are sending out a Vit D supplement. Hopefully this dr will remember that lovely list I gave him for my records of the do's and don'ts. Will have to check to make sure there are no fillers that contain gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

frieze Community Regular

Well Glad that I had the Dr run a Vitamin D panel. Results are in and it was almost non-existant. Great. I live in PA and we are in the middle of winter. Said they are sending out a Vit D supplement. Hopefully this dr will remember that lovely list I gave him for my records of the do's and don'ts. Will have to check to make sure there are no fillers that contain gluten.

Do your research! They will probably send D2, and D3 is better. good luck

sa1937 Community Regular

I also live in PA and am more than ready for spring!!!

Bluebonnet make a D3 that's chewable...raspberry flavored and gluten-free. It is yummy! I get it at my local health food store.

SuziQT0322 Newbie

I also live in PA and am more than ready for spring!!!

Bluebonnet make a D3 that's chewable...raspberry flavored and gluten-free. It is yummy! I get it at my local health food store.

Thanks for that information...I will look into it. My problem is that I have to take what the VA(Veteran's Administration) Doctors send me. I am a disabled veteran and my only source of medical comes from the VA. I will look up the med when it gets to me. Then I will go from there.

SuziQT0322 Newbie

Do your research! They will probably send D2, and D3 is better. good luck

Thank you. I will do some research when I find out what they send. Thanks again for the information.

Looking for answers Contributor

Also, keep in mind that the recommended daily amount was just raised to 1,000 IUs per day (I think). My doctor says that's still far too low and has me take 5,000 IUs each day. When you're really low, you may have to start off by taking in the upward range of 15,000-30,000 IUs a day (I'd ask your doctor for the recommendation, of course). Always take Vitamin D with calcium for better absorption.

You may want to check out mercola.com and search for Vitamin D...very interesting information on the site.

SuziQT0322 Newbie

UPDATE***** Just received the VIT D suppliment...I IS VIT D3 by the name of Cholecalciferol 400 Unit Tabs. I am supposed to take 2 tabs in the morning with a meal. Thank goodness this VA Doctor is on the ball with his research. Most aren't. I guess I should count my lucky stars and blessings that he is. Hopefully this will help. But I also have a question along with med. Do you think it would be ok to use the tanning bed? I was given a membership to a tanning salon. Or is this a no no with being Celiac? Thanks for any and all replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shopgirl Contributor

Do you think it would be ok to use the tanning bed? I was given a membership to a tanning salon. Or is this a no no with being Celiac? Thanks for any and all replies.

This is a no-no with being human not just being Celiac. Tanning beds are dangerous and bad for you.

Archived