salexander421

Difference Between Dh And Eczema?

Rate this topic

I don't have a lot of experience with eczema, except that when the dermatologist agreed with me that I had DH on my arms, he dismissed the rash on my shins as 'just eczema'.

But that 'eczema' rash waxed and waned with my DH symptoms, and disappeared completely when I finally perfected my gluten free diet. So I'm guessing that some eczema looks very much like DH. And vice versa. Enough that DH in its less characteristic forms is often mistaken for eczema.

I think if you have any lesions that are blistering, with bloody fluid, stinging more than itching, tending to align in linear patterns, then it is more likely to be DH.

I don't have a lot of experience with eczema, except that when the dermatologist agreed with me that I had DH on my arms, he dismissed the rash on my shins as 'just eczema'.

But that 'eczema' rash waxed and waned with my DH symptoms, and disappeared completely when I finally perfected my gluten free diet. So I'm guessing that some eczema looks very much like DH. And vice versa. Enough that DH in its less characteristic forms is often mistaken for eczema.

I think if you have any lesions that are blistering, with bloody fluid, stinging more than itching, tending to align in linear patterns, then it is more likely to be DH.

the DH doesnt always sting and burn.. sometimes its just itchy..

and also wanted to add- that tho excema and psoraisis are seperate entities from DH... they too improved and disappeared for me when i went gluten free.

this recent winter tho- ive had some excema or psoraisis on my knuckles that stubbornly wont go away- and an allergic expert online told me its also caused by dairy.

but ya, in the past- all my skin conditions have healed going gluten free