Mizzo

The Cake Mix Doctor Recipe Book

Rate this topic

This is a personal observation not an advertisement.

My husband grabbed this at the library and it is pretty good. If you don't cook from scratch,(which I have yet to master) , this gluten-free book offers way to doctor up a box mix to something more than regular. It's how to turn a cake mix into mufin, cookies and better than average cakes. Decide on your favorite cake mix and give one recipe a whirl. There is anything from cut and bake cookies to Poppyseed lemon muffins to coconut layer cake. Also there are a few decadent brownie recipes. Something for everyone.

The cake mix doctor bakes gluten free book by Anne Byrn.

My husband grabbed this at the library and it is pretty good. If you don't cook from scratch,(which I have yet to master) , this gluten-free book offers way to doctor up a box mix to something more than regular. It's how to turn a cake mix into mufin, cookies and better than average cakes. Decide on your favorite cake mix and give one recipe a whirl. There is anything from cut and bake cookies to Poppyseed lemon muffins to coconut layer cake. Also there are a few decadent brownie recipes. Something for everyone.

I may have to order this...still have an unused Christmas gift card (from the company that spammed the forum)...

I was just thinking I should get this. I don't need the desserts but I like to support the effort to make a gluten-free book.

I borrowed a copy from the library and I love it so much that I'm going to get my own copy. I've made three things from the book and they all turned out wonderfully. A lemon cake, an orange cake, and some muffins.

I have it, the family I babysit for gave it to me as a Christmas gift a few weeks after I was diagnosed. I haven't made anything from it as I prefer to make things from total scratch (cheaper, and often better!) but some of them look so good...and I did receive a few boxed mixes for my birthday that I haven't used yet... :)

I got it from QVC. I've made the sugar cookies & snickerdoodles. They are great IMO. There's a strawberry cake I'm gonna try in there next.