strawberrygm

Does This Sound Like Celiac?

Rate this topic

My youngest child is almost 6 months old. He is exclusively breastfed, only this week have I offered him a few bites of baby food. However his entire life his gas has been extremely nasty, and it is getting worse. I mean almost inhuman! No kidding! His bowel movements are normal for breastfed babies, and they are foul, but they have absolutely nothing on his gas! Should this raise my concern for him also having celiac?

I would certainly keep an eye on it. You could try working on elimination to give yourself an idea. If you are nursing, you would have to eliminate too. Dairy is a very common thing for babies to have an issue with too.

My youngest child is almost 6 months old. He is exclusively breastfed, only this week have I offered him a few bites of baby food. However his entire life his gas has been extremely nasty, and it is getting worse. I mean almost inhuman! No kidding! His bowel movements are normal for breastfed babies, and they are foul, but they have absolutely nothing on his gas! Should this raise my concern for him also having celiac?