salexander421

Is Gliadin Igg/iga Ab Prof, Eia Same Thing As The Dgp Test?

Rate this topic

My daughter gets her blood drawn in about a week and a half and on her labwork order sheet it says Gliadin IgG/IgA Ab Prof, EIA. Is this the same as the DGP test or is it something different?

She's also getting Endomysial Antibody IGA and tTG IgA. This is her second time testing since she was gluten free the first time around and they did the full celiac panel then.

My daughter gets her blood drawn in about a week and a half and on her labwork order sheet it says Gliadin IgG/IgA Ab Prof, EIA. Is this the same as the DGP test or is it something different?

She's also getting Endomysial Antibody IGA and tTG IgA. This is her second time testing since she was gluten free the first time around and they did the full celiac panel then.

is she eating enough gluten prior to testing?

i dont know what the "EIA" is?

it looks like they're ordering the older Antigliadin AB test- the DGP is the newer one.

they should add to that order: TTG Igg, and Total Iga serum...

Yes, she has been eating plenty of gluten and it has been almost 3 months. Thanks for your reply! I'll call and ask her GI. He is very knowledgeable on celiac and I would be surprised that he would run the old test but that does look like what it is.

I'm assuming they're not running the Total IgA Serum since they already did that and it showed that she was not IgA deficient. So, I'm also assuming from that she would not need the tTG IgG since she is producing sufficient IgA. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm really wanting to make this process as smooth as possible!

Yes, she has been eating plenty of gluten and it has been almost 3 months. Thanks for your reply! I'll call and ask her GI. He is very knowledgeable on celiac and I would be surprised that he would run the old test but that does look like what it is.

I'm assuming they're not running the Total IgA Serum since they already did that and it showed that she was not IgA deficient. So, I'm also assuming from that she would not need the tTG IgG since she is producing sufficient IgA. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm really wanting to make this process as smooth as possible!

oh- if we already know she's making sufficient Iga, then yes- there's no need to add the tests i mentioned.

the DGP/newer test- i only learned about on here- its possible that it may not be available at every lab??? idk. my PCP & Gi ordered pretty complete panels for me- but they used the older Antigliadin.. not the DGP.. so, ya, maybe not everyone can do it. ???

oh- if we already know she's making sufficient Iga, then yes- there's no need to add the tests i mentioned.

the DGP/newer test- i only learned about on here- its possible that it may not be available at every lab??? idk. my PCP & Gi ordered pretty complete panels for me- but they used the older Antigliadin.. not the DGP.. so, ya, maybe not everyone can do it. ???

Ok, so I was looking over my daughters results from her original test after I posted this. It has Gliadin IgG/IgA Ab Prof, EIA listed but then under that it has Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA and IgG listed with the results. I'm guessing maybe that is the DGP test and maybe it's just worded a little different? I think it's throwing me off because it doesn't say anything about "peptide". Hmmm.

Ok, so I was looking over my daughters results from her original test after I posted this. It has Gliadin IgG/IgA Ab Prof, EIA listed but then under that it has Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA and IgG listed with the results. I'm guessing maybe that is the DGP test and maybe it's just worded a little different? I think it's throwing me off because it doesn't say anything about "peptide". Hmmm.

yes, i believe that is the DGP... im not an expert- but that's what it seems like.

yes, i believe that is the DGP... im not an expert- but that's what it seems like.

That's what I'm thinking, thanks :)

Maybe the Prof EIA has to do with the testing equipment.