shopgirl

Eucerin Products

Rate this topic

Thought I'd post this for anyone looking for information on Eucerin products. This is the response I got from the company:

Hello Ms XXX,

Thank you for contacting us as to whether or not our products have gluten derived ingredients. We understand how important this information is for you.

At Beiersdorf, we strive to offer our consumers the best products possible, and therefore we may reformulate them when improvement is possible. The information we give you today regarding our ingredients may not be true if we reformulate a product next year.

The Eucerin Calming products contain oatmeal.

If you have concerns about Gluten and its derivatives, we recommend avoiding all products with ingredients derived from wheat, rye, barley and oats. The ingredient names are:

TRITICUM VULGARE (wheat bran)

SECALE CEREALE (rye seed extract)

HORDEUM VULGARE (barley)

AVENA SATIVA (oat bran)

Although our products may not contain the above ingredients, it is always possible that one of our raw materials may contain traces of gluten because its presence is not excluded by our raw material specifications.

If you have any other questions or comments, please call us at 1-800-227-4703. Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm EST.

Thank you again for your E-mail.

Cordially,

Sam

Consumer Relations

Beiersdorf Inc.

Thank you for the information about Eucerin cream. My skin is so dry and as I have been searching for gluten free make up, shampoo and hair care products, moisturizers were next on my list. I'll try it!

Thank you for the information about Eucerin cream. My skin is so dry and as I have been searching for gluten free make up, shampoo and hair care products, moisturizers were next on my list. I'll try it!

Try Cerave cream. Its gluten-free and the dermatologist recommended it for my hub's extremely dry finger tips.

You probably don't want to try the Calming products if you really want to be certain of gluten-free. Oats are not gluten-free unless they say that. They are ususally contaminated with a little wheat.

Because the last info I had is 2 years old, I re-checked with Cerave today:

RE: Gluten in products Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:19 PM

From: "Customer Service - US" <customerservice-us@valeant.com>" <

Good morning, Karen.

Our CeraVe products have always been gluten-free and that has not

changed.

Have a nice day.

Warm Regards,

Valeant Customer Service

Editted to delete my email. Wonder if I'll get any interesting mail from that? ;)

Glad to know that, Karen, as I have a big fat jar of it! :)