savvvyseller

Kellogg's Gluten-Free Rice Krispies

Rate this topic

Do you know if they are going to market this in Canada as well?

This is actually great, but I so disagree on their statement on their current rice crispies and corn pops...

"Kellogg's® Corn Pops and Kellogg's® Rice Krispies might be suitable, depending on gluten sensitivity. Corn Pops have a very small amount of wheat starch added, and Rice Krispies have a small amount of malt flavoring, made from barley. Check with your personal physician to determine if these products are suitable for you."

So annoying. I hate it when misinformation is out there (good that they disclose ingredients). These are so not gluten free as of right now. I hope that when they have their new line the necessary precautions are taken.

I didn't think there was a debate. It is obvious Rice Krispies have gluten.

This would be great if they release really gluten-free Rice Krispies (and they are good)!

Anybody know when we can expect to find these in the stores?

Wenmin

Can you provide a link to the General Mills website?

I didn't think there was a debate. It is obvious Rice Krispies have gluten.

This would be great if they release really gluten-free Rice Krispies (and they are good)!

I really wasn't debating it but I thought the current statement could be misleading is all. I will certainly try their gluten free products when they come out.

This is actually great, but I so disagree on their statement on their current rice crispies and corn pops...

So annoying. I hate it when misinformation is out there (good that they disclose ingredients). These are so not gluten free as of right now. I hope that when they have their new line the necessary precautions are taken.

Hopefully they won't do a 'Rice Dream' on us and just leave the barley malt off the box because 'it tests at a safe level'. I do so wish they would get the labeling regs to insist that gluten grains other than just wheat be required to be listed when used in any amount or any where in the processing. That would let us make our own choice in relation to our own sensitivity.

Look at that dishonest disclaimer they have right now

"May be suitable" because the Rice Crispies contain only a small amount of barley malt.

Give me 5 minutes in a room with one of their CEOs for an educational experience. Stupid ****. This is why some companies that get sued for misleading consumers actually DESERVE it, and I hate lawyers almost as much as bad manufacturers.

Frustrating. If it's such a small amount of malt flavoring, then why is it necessary to include at all!!

Oh....I didn't mean to start something here. :blink::P

Here is a direct link to their statement on gluten/wheat

http://www.kelloggsnutrition.com/util/faq.html#3b