snifter

Vitamins And Supplements

Rate this topic

Hello, Thanks in advance for your time! I was wondering what vitamins and supplements everyone is taking? Will you list All vitamins and supplements you take, how much and the brand?

Thank you so much

I was hoping to find out what vitamins celiacs are typically low on, is why I ask. And I figured you would only be taking gluten free ones. What about liquid vitamins? Do you think they absorb better than a pill? Also what about aloe vera? Do you think it can heal the gut? Please Please what do YOU take? I am desperate!! I am composing a list of questions for the doctor and I'm going to ask him if he can test me if I'm low on anything specifically Thank you thank you

I was just recently diagnosed with Celiac, so I'm still learning. Below you will find some Companies Elizabeth Hasselbeck recommends in her book-"The gluten-free Diet," as well as some I've seen recommended in this forum. Someone also recommended the website-www.vitacost.com to purchase many of their non-perishable gluten-free foods, supps, etc. I've checked it out and the prices are very good. Hope this helps, but still check for yourself in case formulas change.

When I looked for some of these on the website listed above for Rainbow Light, Country Life & Jarrow products, they stated if the product was gluten-free.

Rainbow Light

GCN Mega Men and GNC Women's Ultra Mega

Hammer Nutrition

Country Life

Jarrow Products

Oh thank you thank you I really appreciate it!! But what do you think you are low on? Vitamin A, vitamin c, vitamin d, zinc, magnesium etc. Is there a common list of vitamins that celiacs are typically low on? Or is it just to broad of a question?

I know for sure that I was low on vit. D, Vit. B12, and vit. K. Found this out before I found out what was wrong. My NP (one who specilaizes in Women's Health, bioidentical hormones, etc.) even stated about a year ago that she couldn't understand why my body was not absorbing these nutrients (vit. B12 & vit.D) even when I was taking large quantities. Now we know.

Beware of vitamins... :( I had so many problems with them in the last year. I used Megafoods and Country Life -Iron -I know I was getting gluten from these even though they say "gluten free." It took me a while to figure it out, but I'm really sensitive. All my reactions are gone now so I'm sure the vitamins I take are safe. Also, it really depends on what your body needs, so ask your doctor for full bloodwork testing before you start to take any vitamins and talk to your doctor about your results. Your body might need different vitamins than what I take, but here's my daily list.

Iron - 50mg -Slow Fe -red pill

vit. C 250 - Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins (Target has this brand or you could buy them on-line)

GNC Ultra Women's Active multi vitamin

Triple Fish Oil -900 mg - GNC

Calcium 500 & vitamin D 1,000 -Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins

Your doctor really needs test your blood for all the vitamin levels. These are the vitamins we are known for being deficient in - Iron, vit. A, B6, B12, D, K, E, Calcium and folic acid. I would also ask for a Bone scan to see if you have thinning bones.

Also, be careful when you take your vitamins. It's not recommended to take calcium & iron together or a multi. vitamin & calcium. You won't be able to absorb them at the same time. I always take vit. C with Iron after lunch, then fish oil with the Multi vit. after dinner and then calcium late at night with a small snack. Always take with food so your body can absorb them properly.

I hope this helps! :)