Herself59

Hello From Kentucky

Rate this topic

I hope there is room on this forum for the self diagnosed. I started with severe diarrhea 17 years ago and multiple trips to multiple doctors yielded no diagnosis and what has become apparent no proper testing. I was offered prescription strength Imodium which I already knew I could not take, mood altering drugs, which I refused to even have filled. Finally I found some relief with pure psyllium husks. This came to a screeching halt last summer when I was diagnosed with Seborrheic Dermatitis.(another wrong diagnosis maybe) Weight loss followed and finally some stool changes sent me on a rather frightening search, which led me to realize it was malabsorption, which more searches pointed the way to gluten being the culprit. Whether I am simply intolerant or have Celiac Disease I do not know but I have been on a gluten-free diet for the last several months and most of my symptoms have abated and I feel better than I have in years. I have regained my appetite and also have gained some of my weight back, and am no longer tied to my home or rather instant access to the bathroom. One other thing I have realized is I had no idea how much I hurt till I stopped hurting.

Holly