dbhickma

Cover Girl Lashblast Synthetic Vit E?

Rate this topic

Because I am addicted to Cover Girl's lashblast mascara I called CoverGirl to find out IF THIS mascara was gluten/wheat free. I was told that it was gluten free as were most of their products. I asked where the vitamin E came from (wheat germ,) and the CSR said that it would say on the label if it were derived from wheat, barley, oats, etc and that this lashblast mascara was synthetic made.

I looked on the label and it doesn't really say. SO, is it or isn't it gluten free? I guess I still don't know enough about deciphering labels and am becoming distrustful of companies.

"...the CSR said that it would say on the label if it were derived from wheat, barley, oats, etc and that this lashblast mascara was synthetic made.

I looked on the label and it doesn't really say."

So, they told you that the label would mention the gluten grain if it was present. You didn't see the grain named on the label. They told you the source of the tocopherol (Vitamin E) was synthetic.

I guess I don't understand just what it is that you don't understand.

For myself, I don't worry about mascara. It doesn't get in my mouth or on my fingers so that it could get on my food.

For myself, I don't worry about mascara. It doesn't get in my mouth or on my fingers so that it could get on my food.

Gluten can enter the system through any mucous membranes. Some are more sensitive than others and do try to avoid toiletries even if they are not eaten.

To the OP I am a sensitive and I would use this mascara with no gluten concerns. I usually use Maybelline, the one in the pink tube, that is safe for us also.

Sorry, I was just frustrated. I've been calling manufacturers FOR DAYS ( I know, get used to it.) She first said there was, then there wasn't because it was synthetic. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post. I really appreciate it. Sorry I'm losing it.

Sorry, I was just frustrated. I've been calling manufacturers FOR DAYS ( I know, get used to it.) She first said there was, then there wasn't because it was synthetic. Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post. I really appreciate it. Sorry I'm losing it.

No need to apologize it is daunting at first. Many of us have shared your frustration.

Because I am addicted to Cover Girl's lashblast mascara I called CoverGirl to find out IF THIS mascara was gluten/wheat free. I was told that it was gluten free as were most of their products. I asked where the vitamin E came from (wheat germ,) and the CSR said that it would say on the label if it were derived from wheat, barley, oats, etc and that this lashblast mascara was synthetic made.

I looked on the label and it doesn't really say. SO, is it or isn't it gluten free? I guess I still don't know enough about deciphering labels and am becoming distrustful of companies.

If a company states that they will disclose any gluten used in ingredients, and you don't see it listed I would consider the product safe. For a cosmetic company, I'm actually impressed with their answer to you. I also understand how confusing this all can be at first ;)

Recently I tried Loreal Million Lash Mascara--it's the best I've ever used! I've tried drugstore and department store brands and they always seemed to clump and either go on too wet or too dry.

This is perfect--no gluten ingredients on the label.

Recently I tried Loreal Million Lash Mascara--it's the best I've ever used! I've tried drugstore and department store brands and they always seemed to clump and either go on too wet or too dry.

GTK!! I'm almost out of my Lash Stiletto (which is also awesome) so maybe I'll try that next!! Does it smudge? Need some good stuff for Hawaii :)

GTK!! I'm almost out of my Lash Stiletto (which is also awesome) so maybe I'll try that next!! Does it smudge? Need some good stuff for Hawaii :)

Rash--this stuff is great. I've only been using it for a couple weeks but no smudging in that time. I love how it goes on--very evenly and really does seem to coat all the little lashes so they look full.

I hate it when mascara is too wet B)

Rash--this stuff is great. I've only been using it for a couple weeks but no smudging in that time. I love how it goes on--very evenly and really does seem to coat all the little lashes so they look full.

I hate it when mascara is too wet B)

Thank you ladies!!