Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dixiebell

The Cake Doctor Bakes Gluten Free

I finally ordered this cookbook! Has anyone tried some of the other recipes in it?

I made the peanut butter cookies the other night. They were super easy, although a little dry straight from the oven. But really good the next day.

I'm going to try some of the other recipes in there, but one thing I don't like about the book is that a lot of recipes call for instant pudding or flavored gelatin. I try to avoid food dyes with my son (they seem to negatively affect his behavior) so there are a lot of recipes that I don't want to make right now. I wish that I could find a dye free, gluten-free substitute.

I made the Holy Cow Cake the other night. It was really good. I was nervous about the Butterfingers since I hadn't had them before but all went well.

I only used about 1/3 of a cup of caramel sauce because I was afraid of making the cake too sweet. I'm glad I reduced it!

I also doubled the whipped cream topping (and used 1/2 the sugar in that as well) and it was a good thing since it still just barely made a nice layer on the cake.