Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jessica76

New To This!

Hi

I just found out yesterday that I am gluten sensitive!!! I am trying to not get to overwhelmed!! I do have a question though. I am Catholic and the Communion wafer is made of wheat. So does this mean I can no longer take Communion??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wish I could tell you. I'm also trying to figure out what to do next. Know you're not alone and that there are MANY people who know how you feel. Everyone on this board is wonderful and they'll help you. Also, no question is a dumb question :lol: Try talking to your priest and see if there is a way for you to use a rice cracker instead. It's important enough they might let it slide.

here are links to two threads where gluten-free communion has been discussed within the last few months, they probably have good suggestions that may work for you :)

(it never hurts to do a search)

Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!

My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.