CeliacMom2008

Canyon Bakehouse

Rate this topic

Oh my!!! We just went to a gluten free food fair and they had samples of Canyon Bakehouse breads and buns. I have to tell you that I completely panicked when I tried it - after my son already had. He has Celiac. I do not. This bread tastes so much like gluten bread that I was truly afraid he had just eaten a big hunk of gluten. You've probably all been there...that horrible sick to your stomach feeling as you realize gluten is already in the stomach and there's nothing to do about it. Imagine how excited I was to find out there was no impending doom - only impending happiness at an amazing bread!!!

We've had Udi's (loved it) and then Rudi's (really loved the cinnamon raisin), neither comes close to what we had today. I can't wait until they start carrying it here. Absolutely fantastic!!

Canyon Bakehouse is carried here in the Gluten Free Mall!

I might have to try it!

Thanks for your post that is so great to hear!

Love the San Juan. It's like a whole wheat type of bread. You can let a few pieces thaw on the counter and make a sandwich without toasting it. If you are like me & not fond of white spongy Wonderbread stuff.