• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

melly

Boy Or Girl

Rate this topic

thanks for all the help i know its a weird topic but it just seems easier if i know wich one you are so i coul call you he or she insted of the long usernames

About the no male thing... are there more women Celiacs than men, or is it that more women Celiacs like to blab about it? Does any one know?

I'm female, if you were wondering...

Slightly more celiac females.

But there are probably more diagnosed females, since males are a little less vocal about health problems.

Males are less likely to join boards in which one usually shows emotion, etc. :lol:

I'm a girl. I read somewhere that there were more girl Celiacs than boys. We definitly talk more than they do  :P

Elonwy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol i dont think ive seen you b4 how old r u

I actually realized, this is a teenagers only section - oops. I'm 27, so a bit older, but I still play with legos and board games :)

Elonwy

I actually realized, this is a teenagers only section - oops. I'm 27, so a bit older, but I still play with legos and board games :)

Elonwy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol r u sure u want to share that

Guest Viola

I think a lot of females get diagnosed after pregnacy, as the symptoms seem to need a trigger. Perhaps men don't have a natural trigger other than an accident or surgery that traumatizes the body. Therefore men may carry the gene as often as females, but don't have it triggered as often.

Just a thought :rolleyes: And yes, I'm female :D

lol r u sure u want to share that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) I'm sure. We have game night parties where I have my friends over and we play stuff like Cranium or Spoons ( a really fun -crazy card game). My boyfriend and I have lego wars, and we're both 27. I have a humungous stuffed animal collection. Just because you grow up doesn't mean you have to stop having fun and playing. My therapist says its healthy so I'm going with it.

Elonwy

You are too funny gLIX !!!! :D

My son is a celiac, and he is male. My husband looks at this message board more for a reference, and I am the one that replys and posts questions. (I find it very, very helpful ! )

Did you know that for a guy to have ciliac is very rare. Males don't noramly fet ciliac, it is manly female and that is why there are more girls on this site than boys. Also ciliac is genadic. I got it from my mther who got it from her mother and so on and so forth, we also all have cancer and my granmother died when I was little because ciliac had formed a cancer within her system. Its rather scary if you think about it. I mean we cant ear gulten but then agin we need so of the foods to survie. I wish so much that I did not have this treble illness as do most of you out there I'm sure. :(

I'm female. And 35. And still proudly playing with toys, thankyouverymuch. :D We've got two kids, a 3yo girl and a 2yo boy. My daughter is getting a dollhouse for Christmas, and I can't wait to PLAY WITH IT.

Next year when our son turns three, we're getting him a racecar bed. Because I told my husband they don't make them in king size. Hehe.

Hey! Maybe if we bug the EZ Bake Oven people enough they'll start making gluten-free cake mixes. I always wanted one of those things... :lol:

More males that weren't mentioned would be VydorScope, Nevadan, DanceswithWolves, RiceGuy.

Nancy

Did you know that for a guy to have ciliac is very rare. Males don't noramly fet ciliac, it is manly female and that is why there are more girls on this site than boys. Also ciliac is genadic. I got it from my mther who got it from her mother and so on and so forth, we also all have cancer and my granmother died when I was little because ciliac had formed a cancer within her system. Its rather scary if you think about it. I mean we cant ear gulten but then agin we need so of the foods to survie. I wish so much that I did not have this treble illness as do most of you out there I'm sure. sad.gif

Actually, not really. It's just that males are diagnosed less often than females, maybe because they handle symptoms differently(?) and just ignore it rather than going to a doctor. I believe females get it slightly more often, but it's certainly not "very rare" for males to get celiac.

Also, I think females may prefer to discuss it more than males, who just--I guess, deal with it, but not discuss any emotions behind it.

And it is genetic, but that doesn't really play into this idea of males v. females ... it just means that it will often run in families.

I'm female, age 49. Nantzie--Ha Ha :D on the gluten free Easy Bake Oven mixes! I have read that Celiac affects slightly more women than men, but it could be as celiac3270 said, that more women are DX. Women, in general I think, tend to go to the Dr. more often. So many people are not DX as it is. In our little world here, though, the women do seem to out number the men.

I'm female, 18 (with 11 years experience :lol: ), but I post here because of my son who has celiac. He is six, and therefore shouldn't be in this section of the forum for another 7 years.

Gack! edited to say I'm 18 with 21 years experience :o !

Clearly my math skills need work.

I'm female. And 35. And still proudly playing with toys, thankyouverymuch. :D We've got two kids, a 3yo girl and a 2yo boy. My daughter is getting a dollhouse for Christmas, and I can't wait to PLAY WITH IT.

Next year when our son turns three, we're getting him a racecar bed. Because I told my husband they don't make them in king size. Hehe.

Hey! Maybe if we bug the EZ Bake Oven people enough they'll start making gluten-free cake mixes. I always wanted one of those things... :lol:

More males that weren't mentioned would be VydorScope, Nevadan, DanceswithWolves, RiceGuy.

Nancy

:lol::lol:

I'm 34, female and I still love games and toys too....especially legos. :D

No dolls for me though...I played with trucks and wore superman underoos (not now of course). :P

Funny about the racecar bed....I've always wanted bunkbeds. Bunkbeds seem like they'd be FUN! :D

celiac3270 listed me in his female list, which of course is correct I am a girl but I think thats a given seeing how my "handle" here is pixiegirl and I sign my posts "Susan". After spending a long day with my boyfriend today I thank god I'm a girl ... (wink)

Susan :P