• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

melly

Boy Or Girl

Rate this topic

female...girl power!!!! Wow celiac3270! I saw your new avatar and you look just like my older cousin!! :o youre like twins or something.

hey you guyz..well i am a 13(almost 14) year old girl...and have had celiac disease since i was about 2 so i wanna meet more people like me... please e-mail or aim me aim-spongebobfan888 e-mail-hunterhalverson@hotmail.com

just tell me your name and where you live...and that you are from here(or just say you have celiac disease too) lol and i will talk to you

thanx,

Hunter

Any teenage males besides ben???? I'm female and 14, almost 15 :PB)

Actually, Im the ONLY female Celiac I know, and my Uncle, Dad, Cousin(male) and @ brothers of mine are Celiac... wierd

Ya, I wish more guys would talk on stuff like this... They're fun to talk to

Hey I'm a girl. 15 almost 16. I'm new 2 the site and I've had Celiac for about a year. How many of u guys have friends or know people in your towns w/ Celiac?

Ya im a dude!!! :lol:

Hey! I'm a girl. 16 years old, diagnosed 2 months. There are way more girls on here than guys. <_<

Quarter century (25) year old guy here who just found out that i could have celiac disease. I cant tell you how long i've been dealing with GI tract problems (atleast 13 years). i thought everybody had an upset stomach after they ate, or a heavy feeling after slamming beers, so i got used to all the discomfort that i would experience. i found out after a female cousin of mine was having stomach problems for past 5 years and just recently had the 3rd intestine biopsy, which came back positive for celiac disease. our grandmother has the same stomach problems (her stomach 'talks to her' after she eats her bowl of cream-o-wheat in the morning) and her mother has similar problems. uncle has had severe colitis and other stomach problems.

have been 99% gluten free for the past 3-4 weeks and have seen drastic health improvements. cooking and taking food with me when i go out or bringing my own beer (redbridge is all i can find right now) is something i'm still getting used to. being in austin texas really helps out because its filled with restaurants that cater to vegans, so many of my favorite restaurants are aware of gluten and have menus for people with celiac disease. going out downtown or to 6th street is hard because i love the taste of beer and i cant have it anymore (but i'm fine with it cause i know for a fact that its bad and messes with my GI tract) so i try and find ciders or not drink at all.

is it possible to grow out of celiac disease and become gluten tolerant? there is so much cajun cooking i'm missing like bread pudding....pound cake....mmhmmm.... :D

I was just reading the first page about how many women post here vs. men, not realizing it was from 2005. In my health care class last quarter we just discussed how insurance companies prefer young men to young women because we never go to the doctor!

Anyway, I'm a man. Well, male anyway, I'm not sure I'm ready for all the responsibilities that come with using the grown-up terms yet, 19 isn't that old! :P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.