Gfresh404

Ghirardelli Chocolate

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if it is gluten free? I already saw the link on their website posted about allergies, but it makes no mention of gluten, only wheat.

I also already emailed them a week ago - no response.

Older forum topics have stated that ALMOST all their chocolate is produced on gluten-free lines with the exception of one item that had barely in it. So I'm still worried that just because the package I bought doesn't say made in a facility with wheat, could be made in a facility with barley.

Any info or comments are appreciated :)

We were trying the ghiradelli stuff (for my celiac kiddoes) until the company had that one addition with barley, yeah.

At the time, I thought that I'd stay away from it due to the risk, low though it might be. My father, also a celiac, seems to eat it just fine, however. I'd say if you are fairly sensitive to gluten, you might want to avoid it, but if you are in the more average range of sensitivity, it might be okay. :-)

shauna

Does anyone know if it is gluten free? I already saw the link on their website posted about allergies, but it makes no mention of gluten, only wheat.

Older forum topics have stated that ALMOST all their chocolate is produced on gluten-free lines with the exception of one item that had barely in it. So I'm still worried that just because the package I bought doesn't say made in a facility with wheat, could be made in a facility with barley.

I eat it.

richard

I ate my weight in the stuff over the holidays. :) I've now banned it from the house until next Christmas. The ones with raspberry are amazing!

I eat this chocolate everyday and I am as sensitive a celiac as they come and have never had the slightest reaction. They are an extremely open company about their products. I usually do not eat from any shared lines but after speaking with a rep there, I was confident they do a good job with the small amount of barley they use and not letting it contaminate the bulk of what they sell. I don't think you have anything to worry about...this is the go-to chocolate for many Celiacs...sensitive or not.

I have a bag of Gheradelli Bittersweet chips I use for baking, they are gluten free. My favorite coffee place uses their syrup for flavored coffee and I never have any problem. I have had they candy and never had any problem and am very senstive.