recoveringfromgluten

Ways To Help My Daughter

Rate this topic

According to genetic testing, my daughter is gluten sensitive, but she has the same symptoms of celiac. She has been gluten free and doing fine. 8yrs old.

Recently, she must have got into gluten because her tummy hurts and it's all swollen up. When this happens, she doesn't get diarhhea, instead she doesn't seem to empty enough and can get backed up.

Anyway, it's been at least 2 weeks since the gluten exposure. She wakes us in the morning with a flat soft tummy and then througout the day her tummy gets bigger until she goes to bed looking pregnant.

I was wondering if any of you would have any suggestions as to what comforts your tummy when you accidently get gluten and how long you usually have symptoms before it finally resolves itself.

According to genetic testing, my daughter is gluten sensitive, but she has the same symptoms of celiac. She has been gluten free and doing fine. 8yrs old.

Recently, she must have got into gluten because her tummy hurts and it's all swollen up. When this happens, she doesn't get diarhhea, instead she doesn't seem to empty enough and can get backed up.

Anyway, it's been at least 2 weeks since the gluten exposure. She wakes us in the morning with a flat soft tummy and then througout the day her tummy gets bigger until she goes to bed looking pregnant.

I was wondering if any of you would have any suggestions as to what comforts your tummy when you accidently get gluten and how long you usually have symptoms before it finally resolves itself.

is she eating dairy? or a lot of starch and grains? or typical gas forming produce like prunes/pears.. peppers/legumes, ??

im just wondering- of course we're all different- but usually a glutening doesnt last for 2 weeks for me... and i get similar discomfort/bloating from some of the problematic foods above..

hope u figure it out.

when im in pain- i live on my heating pad- or steaming hot baths.. remember only 20min at a time- more than that- and you will bring inflammation instead of relief to the area.