Donna F

Gluten-Free Prednizone Manufacturers

Rate this topic

Hi there,

I am trying to determine what manufacturers (if any) carry Prednizone that is gluten free. So far I have found that Roxane Laboratories certifies that its Prednizone is gluten-free, however, there is not a pharmacy in my area that carries it. Another pharmacy carries Westwood brand, but it contains sodium starch glycolate and the source is not known. Watson brand cannot say if it is gluten-free or not.

This is very frustrating. This is the second time this month I try to obtain a gluten-free medication from a pharmacy and no one can answer what should be a very important piece of information.

The good news is that I've read Prednizone can actually help with Celiac symptoms, so perhaps it doesn't even matter if it is gluten-free or not (?)

Thanks~

Hi there,

I am trying to determine what manufacturers (if any) carry Prednizone that is gluten free. So far I have found that Roxane Laboratories certifies that its Prednizone is gluten-free, however, there is not a pharmacy in my area that carries it. Another pharmacy carries Westwood brand, but it contains sodium starch glycolate and the source is not known. Watson brand cannot say if it is gluten-free or not.

This is very frustrating. This is the second time this month I try to obtain a gluten-free medication from a pharmacy and no one can answer what should be a very important piece of information.

The good news is that I've read Prednizone can actually help with Celiac symptoms, so perhaps it doesn't even matter if it is gluten-free or not (?)

Thanks~

I'm going to answer my own post! ;)

It turns out that "Westwood" was a typo. The correct name of the company is West-Ward and their Prednizone is indeed gluten-free.

Also gluten-free is the brand Mutual, and lastly, as I stated in the previous post, also gluten-free is the brand Roxane.

Cheers!~

I'm going to answer my own post! ;)

It turns out that "Westwood" was a typo. The correct name of the company is West-Ward and their Prednizone is indeed gluten-free.

Also gluten-free is the brand Mutual, and lastly, as I stated in the previous post, also gluten-free is the brand Roxane.

Cheers!~

Hi Donna, just wanted to chime in even though you've cleared it up. I've taken West-Ward's Prednisone several times with no ill effects, and I am very sensitive. Good luck!

I can't take oral steriods at all but I don't know if it has anything to do with gluten. It tears up my stomach big time.

Hi,

Good for you doing your research and finding your answers!

Here is a link to Ask a Patient where you can look up patient rating on various medicines:

Ask a Patient

You might be interested in signing the online petition linked in the first post of this thread:

Sign New Online Petition To Mandate Gluten-Free Labeling On All Pharmaceutical Products