ECUmom3

Question For Ladies In Their 40's Or 50's

Rate this topic

I have just recently been diagnosed with Celiac and have DH. My oldest son will be getting married in early May, so I am looking for a quality foundation, powder, and blush that will give me good, and lasting coverage. I have fairly dry skin, however I still get a little "greasy" in the T-zone. I need good coverage because I do not have "flawless" skin, as I had fairly bad acne as a teen. I use Neutrogena foundation, etc. everyday, but would like something better for special occassions. I have tried Smashbox foundation, powder, and blush, but am not real happy with it, and I don't want to waste any more money. Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

I have just recently been diagnosed with Celiac and have DH. My oldest son will be getting married in early May, so I am looking for a quality foundation, powder, and blush that will give me good, and lasting coverage. I have fairly dry skin, however I still get a little "greasy" in the T-zone. I need good coverage because I do not have "flawless" skin, as I had fairly bad acne as a teen. I use Neutrogena foundation, etc. everyday, but would like something better for special occassions. I have tried Smashbox foundation, powder, and blush, but am not real happy with it, and I don't want to waste any more money. Any suggestions? Thank you so much.

When I knew I needed a changed from liquid foundation I knew I didn't want to spend a lot of money trying out different items. I decided I wanted to try Bare Minerals but didn't have a clue where to start or what colors to get so I understand what you are going through.

I went to a local Ulta store - hope you have one close. The makeup lady did a full make-up using the Bare Minerals and after 1 hour I had exactly what I wanted. Of course she tried to sell lots of extra stuff, but I ended up getting one of the starter kits in my colors and a couple of added goodies. I have been using this brand for many years and love it for coverage, ease of use and how fast I can do my makeup in the morning. All of the makeup professionals at this store will do a full make-up procedure free! It is a great way to try the make-up before you buy it.

I would suggest that you wait a while after the application of Bare Minerals before buying it. I ordered a sample and was glad I did--I'm also acne prone, and I broke out terribly from Bare Minerals. Too bad...because I thought the coverage was the best ever. You may have better luck, but it's expensive stuff, so you might wait a couple of hours to see what happens before laying down the $$.

I would suggest that you wait a while after the application of Bare Minerals before buying it. I ordered a sample and was glad I did--I'm also acne prone, and I broke out terribly from Bare Minerals. Too bad...because I thought the coverage was the best ever. You may have better luck, but it's expensive stuff, so you might wait a couple of hours to see what happens before laying down the $$.

I agree with waiting a bit--I didn't break out from Bare Minerals, but it made my face horribly itchy. Probably the bismuth they use. It can cause irritation in some people.

If you don't have an Ulta nearby, Sephora will do the same thing. I don't know whether or not they carry Bare Minerals, but they do have many different brands to try.

Thank you all for the replies. I do have an Ulta and Sephora about an 1 hour away. I will definitly give the Bare Minerals a try.

You might check out Gluten Free Beauty. It's a new company, I think. I found them on Facebook. I've been using Bare Minerals for a couple of years, do well with it, except that I think it makes my eyes irritated. I'm thinking about trying the Gluten Free Beauty line.