twe0708

Moe's Restaurant

Rate this topic

http://www.moes.com/mission/gluten-free/?utm_source=Google%2BAdwords&utm_medium=CPC&utm_term=gluten%2Bfree&utm_campaign=glutenfree

Actually you may want to be careful about eating here. Just called the restaurant and the supervisor was very short. I was trying to find out if the shredded cheese and tomatoes they use for the regular menu items were the same they use for the gluten free items, and the guy told me they would change their gloves. I started to explain to him about cross contamination and he became very short with me. I told him you don't understand that if you had just prepared a flour tortilla for someone and used that same cheese there would be cross contamination. So beware, because their employees are clearly not educated when it comes to gluten-free!

http://www.moes.com/mission/gluten-free/?utm_source=Google%2BAdwords&utm_medium=CPC&utm_term=gluten%2Bfree&utm_campaign=glutenfree

Actually you may want to be careful about eating here. Just called the restaurant and the supervisor was very short. I was trying to find out if the shredded cheese and tomatoes they use for the regular menu items were the same they use for the gluten free items, and the guy told me they would change their gloves. I started to explain to him about cross contamination and he became very short with me. I told him you don't understand that if you had just prepared a flour tortilla for someone and used that same cheese there would be cross contamination. So beware, because their employees are clearly not educated when it comes to gluten-free!

Places like Moe's and Qdoba make me nervous anyway. It seems too risky with the cafeteria-style food prep they do. I was there with some coworkers one day and noticed the crumbs flying when the girl behind the counter picked up a tortilla bowl to make a salad. I decided not to eat.

Thou art so right!!!!!! ;)